Attachment Focused Play Therapy: Theraplay® Techniques to Transform Your Most Challenging, Resistant & Dysregulated Children is organized by HealthCare and will be held on Feb 06, 2020 at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island, Plainview, New York, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.0 contact hours or .6 CEUs / 6.25 clock hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
• Social Workers
• Occupational Therapists
• Speech Language Therapists
• Physical Therapists
• Case Managers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
• Do you struggle with children who:
• Are aggressive and defiant?
• Wreck your treatment room and waste your materials?
• Act chaotic, silly and/or will not sit still?
• Refuse to talk and are disengaged?
• Behave inappropriately (oppositional, controlling, avoid eye contact)?
Are you also frustrated with parents who are angry and won’t listen to your advice? Parents who are resentful and dissatisfied with you, as well as their own child? If you answered YES to any of the above then you need to attend this seminar! I will show you evidence-based activities to break through resistance and harness the power of the child-parent relationship to make rapid and dramatic changes.
Theraplay reaches your most resistant, traumatized, dysregulated and hard to manage children and rapidly transforms them into a calmer, more cooperative child so you can get therapeutic work done! Theraplay helps you create an atmosphere where children are happy to come to therapy and become quickly and fully engaged in the therapeutic process. Theraplay also involves parents in an immediate and positive way, giving them experiences of success and pride in their children, so they can feel motivated to support them. With the child, the parent and you, the therapist, all on the same team you have a winning combination for positive and lasting change.
Over 1/3 of your day will be spent practicing therapeutic techniques you can implement immediately!
• Describe the purpose of each of the four Dimensions of Relationship: Structure, Engagement, Nurture and Challenge.
• Assess child behavior to determine which of the four dimensions a child is in need of.
• Demonstrate one activity from each dimension.
• Compare and contrast interventions to focus and calm an overactive/chaotic child.
• Discuss interventions that turn a child’s resistance into cooperation.
• Implementation techniques for effectively capturing a child’s attention.
• List methods for reengaging an angry/discouraged parent.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||17 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||05 Feb,2020||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group: per person Fee||05 Feb,2020||USD 219.99|
|Coordinator Fee||05 Feb,2020||USD 30.00|