AOTrauma Course - Advanced Principles of Fracture Management is organized by AOTrauma and will be held from Jul 03 - Nov 29, 2020 at Trinity Hotel & Konference Center, Fredericia, Southern Denmark (Syddanmark), Denmark.
The AOTrauma Course-Advanced Principles of Fracture Management is targeted at surgeons who are at the threshold of becoming independent surgeons and taking over decision-making responsibility for the treatment of complex injuries.
Participants must have already completed the AOTrauma Course-Basic Principles of Fracture Management and must be actively involved in trauma management.
Online pre-course self-assessment prepares participants for the course and allows the faculty to tailor the course to the needs of the participants. Before attending the course, participants are expected to complete an online module on fracture reduction.
The course will be taught in a modular format. Each module consists of several evidence-based lectures, which will cover the key information required. In practical exercises participants will be trained in the application of various techniques. Discussing cases in small groups will help participants to understand decision-making and management skills.
After the course, an online post course self-assessment will provide participants an opportunity to review the important topics from the course. In order to support self-directed learning, a range of additional online resources will be offered.
• Apply reduction techniques in fracture management with attention to soft tissues
• Assess and treat complex diaphyseal and (peri)articular fractures using advanced application techniques
• Demonstrate strategies for assessing and treating open fractures and soft-tissue injuries
• Initiate appropriate management for patients with pelvic injuries and polytrauma
• Recognize complications and manage them accordingly
• Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Toll free Number
Infectious Disease +6 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 12
Orthopedics +8 More
Contact Hours 3
Rheumatology +3 More