Anxiety, Worry & Panic: Effective Strategies to Calm the Anxious Mind is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 22, 2020 at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis-Dwtn-Union Stn, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 clock hours of continuing education instruction / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapist Assistants
• Speech Language Pathologists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Do you want to gain powerful techniques for your clients who struggle with treatment resistant anxiety, worry and panic? Learn how to assess anxious habits, symptoms and behaviors using effective cutting-edge, evidence-based strategies…even with your toughest clients! Dr. Jennifer Abel will teach you how to stop the anxiety spiral early to significantly reduce the habit of worry and panic using self-controlled desensitization. Experience how evidence-based treatments can help your clients problem solve, reduce tension, and increase energy. Learn unique, effective approaches to mindfulness, cognitive therapy, and exposure, including thought-labeling, interoceptive exposure, and better-but believable thoughts. Case studies, role plays, demonstrations and interactive discussions will be utilized in this cutting-edge seminar.
• Articulate components of the “anxiety spiral” and utilize several evidence-based strategies (including self-controlled desensitization) to prevent exacerbation of symptoms.
• Specify five potential anxiety treatment pitfalls and learn evidence-based approaches to avoid or correct them.
• Implement four mindfulness strategies for treating anxiety symptoms in a clinical setting.
• Evaluate the inverse relationship between worry and problem solving, and identify its implications for treatment of anxiety.
• Examine the clinical presentation of panic, worry and fear of guilt and how they compare to Obsessive • Compulsive Disorder; learn clinical strategies to stop these cycles of negative reinforcement.
• Develop clinical skills to address treatment-resistant issues, including perfectionism, subjugation, procrastination, hypochondriasis, and catastrophizing/intolerance of uncertainty.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||02 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||21 Jan,2020||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: Per Person Fee||21 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|