Anxiety in the Classroom is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Mar 10, 2020 at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, Peoria, Illinois, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 0.6 CEUs / 6.0 contact hours / 6.25 hours of continuing education credit.
• Social Workers
• School Administrators
• Occupational Therapists
• Assistant Principals
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Other Helping Professionals who Work with Children
The increasing rate of stress and trauma to children, which includes divorce, global terrorism and violence, extensive technology use, media overload, bullying and diversity issues, has produced a “shell shocked” generation of students struggling to manage their anxiety. The challenge for those working in schools is to recognize the increasing anxiety level in students and help them cope.
Janine E. Oliver, LCSW, MSW, CH will teach you how, why and when anxiety develops in young people. The various manifestations for anxiety will be described, so that anxious students can be recognized and supported. Janine will help you distinguish between normal anxiety and anxiety disorders, and give you a principle for making this distinction in school settings. Most importantly, you will learn practical strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom setting and schools to reduce anxiety, enhance teaching effectiveness, and promote maximum learning.
• Design effective strategies to decrease the stress response in kids with learning disabilities to improve information processing, listening skills, and comprehension.
• Summarize the different ways anxiety manifests in the classroom (worry, social isolation, attention deficits, etc.) and determine the appropriate strategy for reducing symptoms.
• Implement a three-step skill building model for stress management among young clients.
• Utilize classroom friendly calming and relaxation activities to keep students engaged.
• Determine the signs of normal anxiety vs anxiety disorders to enhance teaching effectiveness.
• Evaluate the impact deep breathing exercises have on anxiety to enable task completion in the classroom.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||19 Feb,2020||USD 219.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: Per Person Fee||09 Mar,2020||USD 219.99|
|Coordinator Fee||09 Mar,2020||USD 30.00|