Anxiety Disorders in Children & Adolescents: Recognizing & Treating the Emerging Epidemic is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 26, 2020 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Racine Harbourwalk, Racine, Wisconsin, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.0 contact hours or .6 CEUs / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
• Social Workers
• School Administrators
• Occupational Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Other Helping Professionals who Work with Children
The increasing rate of stress and trauma to children, which includes divorce, family breakdown, violence in society, the media, and a failing school system, has produced a “shell shocked” generation suffering from anxiety in many cases. The challenge for clinicians is to recognize anxiety in children and help them cope.
Dr. Christina Reese will teach you how and why anxiety develops in children and adolescents. She will present practical treatment strategies that can be applied immediately. The seven key anxiety disorders along with case examples to be addressed include:
• Separation anxiety disorder
• Panic disorder
• Overanxious disorder
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder
• Social anxiety disorder
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
Other co-occurring disorders (e.g. behavior problems, medical conditions, depression, ADHD, learning disabilities, selective mutism) will also be discussed. Emphasis will be on creative interventions involving insight-oriented, cognitive-behavioral, biological, mindfulness, expressive arts and family systems approach.
• Apply the “Three Ingredients” framework for understanding how, why and when anxiety occurs in children.
• Draw from 10 specific stress-management strategies to target the “when” factor in child and adolescent anxiety.
• Recommend 8 steps teachers can take to reduce anxiety in the classroom for more focused attention.
• Implement at least one effective treatment strategy for each of the 7 key anxiety disorders to modify sources of stress.
• Designate 3 steps that schools can take to create a safe, calm environment for meeting the needs of anxious students.
• Create a therapeutic alliance with parents to improve the effectiveness of clinical treatment with anxious kids.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Fee||06 Feb,2020||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration Fee||25 Feb,2020||USD 249.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||25 Feb,2020||USD 219.99|
|Coordinator Fee||25 Feb,2020||USD 30.00|
Reviews Given by People
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news