Advances in Prostate Cancer 2020
Advances in Prostate Cancer 2020 is organized by MedStar Health and will be held on Oct 03, 2020 at The Wink Hotel, Washington, Dist of Col, United States of America.
Family Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine, Medical Genetics and Genomics, Medical Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, Oncology, Palliative Medicine, Pathology, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Surgery, Urogynecology, Urology
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 7.25 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
This one-day symposium will update participants on recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with localized and advanced prostate cancer. Expert faculty will deliver state-of-the-art lectures that will include treatment approaches, clinical trials, biologic and genomic factors and future directions. Attendees will have ample time to network with leaders in the field, participate in panel discussions and navigate complicated cases. Key clinical topics will include the use of biomarkers and modern imaging technologies in the management of early stage prostate cancer as well as advances in the multidisciplinary approach to patients with high-risk, locally advanced, relapsed non-metastatic, and metastatic prostate cancer. Applications of new therapeutic agents, cutting edge radiation technology, combined modality strategies and evolving minimally invasive urologic surgical approaches will also be discussed. In addition, recommendations on resources for patients and practicing healthcare providers will be shared including specialized centers of excellence and research, advocacy and special organizational resources in the region. Ample time will be provided during and between sessions for Q & A and meeting with speakers and experts.
• Educate patients and family on the risk, benefits, and peri-procedural management of transperineal biopsy, rectal spacer placement, and retzius-sparing prostatectomy.
• Recognize the different clinical states of advanced prostate cancer (M0, oligometastatic, widely metastatic) and the relevant treatment options for each state.
• Identify the application of genomic testing of tumors in selecting newly approved systemic therapeutic agents.
• Identify the diagnostic, prognostic, and monitoring tests for a patient with prostate cancer.
• Explain the different treatment modalities, including surgery, hormonal therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and radiotherapy, for patients with prostate cancer.
• Discuss the current and emerging treatment options in the management of patients with castration resistant prostate cancer.
• Discuss how to manage potential side effects to patients on hormonal therapy for prostate cancer.
• Interpret prostate MRIs in developing treatment strategies for organ-confined prostate cancer.
• Interpret prostate biomarkers in planning treatment for organ-confined prostate cancer.
• Recognize intermediate and high-risk patients who will benefit from brachytherapy.
• Identify intermediate and high-risk patients who will benefit from immunotherapy.
• Recognize intermediate and high-risk patients who will benefit from salvage therapy.
• Distinguish the proper use of early chemohormonal therapy in patients with high-risk and metastatic prostate cancer.
• Recognize intermediate and high-risk patients who will benefit from chemotherapy.
• Recognize intermediate and high-risk patients who will benefit from testosterone replacement.
• Illustrate the benefits of genetic testing for risk stratification in organ-confined prostate cancer.
• Assess the latest guidelines of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
|Contact No. :||+ 202-780-1655|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physician - Registration Fee||02 Oct,2020||USD 150.00|
|Physician Assistant - Registration Fee||02 Oct,2020||USD 75.00|
|Nurse Practitioner - Registration Fee||02 Oct,2020||USD 75.00|
|Nurse - Registration Fee||02 Oct,2020||USD 75.00|
|Allied Health Professional - Registration Fee||02 Oct,2020||USD 75.00|
|Pharmacist - Registration Fee||02 Oct,2020||USD 75.00|
|Resident/Fellow - Registration Fee||02 Oct,2020||USD 75.00|
|Industry - Registration Fee||02 Oct,2020||USD 195.00|