Advances in Brachial Plexus Reconstruction: A Surgical Skills Course 2020 is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Apr 23 - 25, 2020 at Mayo Clinic - Siebens Building, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America.
This course is designed for physicians with an interest in brachial plexus reconstruction, and offers a track specific for hand and occupational therapists.
• 19.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
• 19.00 Attendance
This course will provide state of the art updates on adult and pediatric brachial plexus reconstructive surgery. A renowned faculty of leading brachial plexus surgeons from multispecialty backgrounds will present lectures, panel discussions, and hands-on cadaver training at the Mayo Clinic surgical training facilities. Specific techniques covered in detail will be adult and obstetrical brachial plexus injuries, surgical planning, supra and infraclavicular exploration, various nerve transfers and grafting, secondary surgical reconstructions, obtaining grasp, and management of pain. Course attendees will have the opportunity to perform surgical procedures on cadavers in the laboratory and are encouraged to bring cases for discussion with faculty. In addition, therapists will have specialty breakout sessions led by expert physical and occupational therapists in treating patients with brachial plexus injuries. Breakout sessions will focus on pre-surgical rehabilitation, post-surgical rehabilitation, use of body powered prosthetics, orthotic fabrication, sling management, biofeedback, electrical stimulation, and prosection lab of the brachial plexus and common nerve surgeries.
• Summarize the management and differences of adult and obstetrical brachial plexus injures.
• Recognize the indications, timing and surgical options for restoring function in brachial plexus injuries.
• Demonstrate surgical approaches to the supra and infraclavicular brachial plexus, and to perform on a cadaver nerve transfers and grafting of the brachial plexus.
• List the various treatment options for upper trunk, lower trunk and complete brachial plexus injuries.
• Contrast the controversies in brachial plexus reconstruction for adult and obstetrical patients.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||8003232688|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|M.D., DO, Ph.D. Fee||22 Apr,2020||USD 1900.00|
|Resident, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree - Registration Fee||22 Apr,2020||USD 1700.00|
|Hand Therapist, OT, PTA Fee||22 Apr,2020||USD 795.00|