Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Course is organized by Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Australia and will be held from Sep 29 - Oct 01, 2020 at Education Development Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
Candidates who are members of RACGP & ACRRM may be eligible to receive 40 QI&CPD points for an Accredited Category 1 Activity.
The Advanced Paediatric Life Support course is widely recognised as the international gold standard in paediatric emergency training courses.
Established in 1997 and taught throughout Australia, this comprehensive three-day course introduces the structured approach to the emergency management of ill and injured children.
Candidates who complete the APLS course will issued a certificate of completion upon:
• Fully attending the three-day course
• Successfully completing all required course assessments
• Successfully completing the required pre-course APLS online learning modules
• APLS certificates are valid for five years from the date of issue.
The course covers the following themes:
• Basic life support
• Advanced support of the airway and ventilation
• Cardiac arrest management and defibrillation
Diagnosis and management of the seriously ill child
• Breathing difficulties
• Abnormal pulse rate and rhythm
• Decreased conscious level
• Convulsing child
Diagnosis and management of the seriously injured child
• Chest injury
• Abdominal injury
• Head trauma
• Spinal injury
• Burns and scalds
• Electrical injuries and drowning
• Airway and breathing
• Interpreting trauma X-rays
• Stabilisation and transfer
• Fluid and electrolyte management
• Acid-base balance
• Pain management
• Septic child
• Neurological assessment
• Resuscitation of the baby at birth and more
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctors Fee||28 Sep,2020||USD 2,120.00|
|Nurse/Paramedic Fee||28 Sep,2020||USD 1,920.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news