Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Course is organized by Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Australia and will be held from Aug 07 - 09, 2020 at Advanced Paediatric Life Support, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Candidates who are members of RACGP & ACRRM may be eligible to receive 40 QI&CPD points for an Accredited Category 1 Activity.
The Advanced Paediatric Life Support course is widely recognised as the international gold standard in paediatric emergency training courses.
Established in 1997 and taught throughout Australia, this comprehensive three-day course introduces the structured approach to the emergency management of ill and injured children.
The Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) course is suitable for doctors, nurses and paramedics looking to increase their confidence and clinical skills in paediatric acute care.
This course is designed for graduates with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
APLS is the recommended course for all hospital staff working in clinical environments where children and adolescents are cared for, by the RACP's National Standards for the Care of Children and Adolescents.
Candidates who complete the APLS course will issued a certificate of completion upon:
• Fully attending the three-day course
• Successfully completing all required course assessments
• Successfully completing the required pre-course APLS online learning modules
• APLS certificates are valid for five years from the date of issue.
The course covers the following themes:
• Basic life support
• Advanced support of the airway and ventilation
• Cardiac arrest management and defibrillation
Diagnosis and management of the seriously ill child
• Breathing difficulties
• Abnormal pulse rate and rhythm
• Decreased conscious level
• Convulsing child
Diagnosis and management of the seriously injured child
• Chest injury
• Abdominal injury
• Head trauma
• Spinal injury
• Burns and scalds
• Electrical injuries and drowning
• Airway and breathing
• Interpreting trauma X-rays
• Stabilisation and transfer
• Fluid and electrolyte management
• Acid-base balance
• Pain management
• Septic child
• Neurological assessment
• Resuscitation of the baby at birth and more
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||+61 3 8672 2800|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Doctors Fee||06 Aug,2020||USD 2,120.00|
|Nurse/Paramedic Fee||06 Aug,2020||USD 1,920.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news