45th Annual Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine Meeting
45th Annual Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine Meeting is organized by American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA) and will be held from Apr 23 - 25, 2020 at Hilton San Francisco Union Square, San Francisco, California, United States of America.
As acute pain physicians, we are uniquely positioned to be the leaders in perioperative medicine. We are going to fully evaluate our integral role as drivers in enhanced recovery and what role opioids play in perioperative pain management in light of the current opioid epidemic. As the PACU is not the finish line, we have brought together leaders in our field to discuss our impact on outcomes, the pain trajectory and predicting postoperative pain, the transitional pain service, and novel therapies including cannabinoids, next-generation opioids, and complementary integrative medicine.
And, as the acute pain service moves into the future, so does regional anesthesia. ASRA is dedicated to not only embracing our tradition with comprehensive experience in upper and lower extremity blocks, but continuing to introduce new techniques that can greatly help our patients, including erector spinae blocks, retrolaminar blocks, costoclavicular blocks, iPack blocks, pectoralis blocks, quadratus lumborum blocks, and more. Open scanning sessions and master classes in both adult and pediatric regional anesthesia will give participants of all levels time to further hone their skills and learn from our experts. Is the ultrasound the new stethoscope? Point-of-care ultrasound experts will debate this topic as well as help participants get hands-on experience in PoCUS. We’ve invited orthopedic surgeons to give their perspective on enhanced recovery and pain management in ambulatory joint surgery, joint revision surgery, and spine surgery.
○ Should ASRA Become the Perioperative Medicine Leaders and Drivers of ERAS?
Looking beyond the PACU as the finish line and understanding outcomes is critical. We have multiple sessions understanding the science of enhanced recovery, roles anesthesiologists should be assuming outside the operating room, and procedure-specific protocols.
○ The Pain Trajectory
The neurobiology of pain is complex. By understanding the course from acute pain to transitional pain to chronic pain, we can predict which patients are most at risk and intervene earlier as acute pain physicians. Our expert faculty will address this topic throughout the program.
○ Practice Management Portfolio (PMP) and Certificate of Attendance
As healthcare evolves, we must understand how revenue is created in regional anesthesia and acute pain. This program will empower participants with the tools for consistency and reliability in regional anesthesia and acute pain service delivery. A broad experience of lectures, PBLDs, and interactive sessions with expert faculty will be useful for academic and private practice physicians.
○ Burnout and Physician Wellness
Burnout continues to plague physicians with a significant impact on physician wellness and patient safety. This special session aims to address this issue by offering solutions participants can implement within their practices.
○ Comprehensive Workshops
In-depth, clinically-focused workshops with low attendee-to-faculty ratios will cover a variety of peripheral blocks for the upper and lower extremities as well as truncal techniques.
○ More Workshops on New and Advanced Blocks
Erector spinae blocks, pectoralis and serratus plane blocks, retrolaminar blocks, iPack blocks, costoclavicular blocks, and quadratus lumborum blocks will be covered.
○ Innovative Topics
Hot-off-the press blocks, debating whether ultrasound is the new stethoscope, the role of technology and integrative medicine in acute pain management, and a comprehensive and interactive professional development session for how to thrive in regional anesthesia and acute pain medicine – these are just a few of the hot topics being offered.
○ Multidisciplinary Experiences
Lectures and interactive sessions will include multidisciplinary discussion with orthopedic joint and spine surgeons and our chronic pain colleagues.
Acute Pain Medicine Session Highlights:
• Opioids: Past, Present and Future. What is the current role of opioids in light of the opioid epidemic? What is the future of next-generation opioids?
• Renaming the Acute Pain Service as the Inpatient Pain Service
• Focus on the Transitional Pain Service
• Acute Pain Management in multiple joint revisions, the patient on opioid dependence treatment, the patient with chronic pain syndrome
• Regional Anesthesia and Outcomes: What can we learn from Big Data?
Regional Anesthesia Technical Highlights:
• World expert faculty for lectures and workshops – Edward Mariano, Vincent Chan, Manoj Karmakar, Colin McCartney, Nabil Elkassabany, Karen Boretsky, Michael Barrington, Brian Sites, Ban Tsui, Sandra Kopp, Carlo Franco, Ki Jinn Chin, more
• PoCUS with our experts Stephen Haskins, Anahi Perlas, and Jan Boublik
• Open-Scanning sessions with our amazing faculty for participants looking to hone their skills
• Master Classes with our expert faculty for those already proficient in regional anesthesia
• New Blocks on the Block workshop with the latest concepts
• Wine and Bubbly Opening Networking Reception
• Resident/Fellow and Fellowship Directors Meet and Greet
• Saturday Celebration on the 46th floor overlooking beautiful San Francisco
• Expansive exhibit hall located in the center of the lecture and workshop activity
• Acute Pain
• Chronic Pain
• Regional Anesthesia
• Emerging Technology
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :|| 412.471.2718
January 07, 2020
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physician Non-Member - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 1150.00|
|Non-Physician, Non-Member (PA, NP, Nurse, Other) - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 510.00|
|Trainee (Resident/Fellow) ASRA Non-Member - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 375.00|
|Physician Member of ASRA - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 770.00|
|Physician Member of ESRA, AFSRA, LASRA, AOSRA - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 770.00|
|Affiliate Member (PA, NP, Nurse, Other) - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 375.00|
|Active-Duty Military ASRA Member - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 480.00|
|Trainee (Resident/Fellow) ASRA Member - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 245.00|
|Day - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 410.00|
|Associate Faculty (speaking/teaching at this event; does not include poster presenters) - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 385.00|
|Faculty (speaking/teaching at this event; does not include poster presenters) - Early Fee||27 Feb,2020||USD 0.00|
|Problem-Based Learning Discussions: Open to all attendees (Thurs., lunch included) Fee||22 Apr,2020||USD 90.00|
|Workshops (physicians only): Interactive Demonstration Workshop Fee||22 Apr,2020||USD 155.00|
|Workshops (physicians only): Hands-On Workshop (fluroscopy and/or ultrasound) Workshop Fee||22 Apr,2020||USD 265.00|
|Workshops (physicians only): Half-Day Special Session Workshop Fee||22 Apr,2020||USD 395.00|
|Resident/Fellow Workshops (trainees only)Resident/Fellow Ultrasound Workshop (Sat.) Fee||22 Apr,2020||USD 30.00|