35th Annual Series: Emergency Medicine & Acute Care 2020 - A Critical Appraisal is organized by The Center for Medical Education, Inc. The session is held from Apr 08 - 11, 2020 at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, Orlando, Florida, United States of America. This session has been approved for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Serious CME | Top Destinations | Prime Times
The session is a focused, evidence-based gathering which is outlined to keep an attendee updated with over 32 cutting edge topics. You’ll experience an engaging, no-fluff, fast-paced, update of the literature surrounding key emergency medicine topics by an experienced, energetic faculty of emergency medicine educators.
Now Using Both EM:RAP’s Emergency Medical Abstracts and CorePendium
The Emergency Medicine & Acute Care Course is in collaboration with EM: RAP and will be using as its sources EM: RAP’s Emergency Medical Abstracts and the newly released (October 2019) CorePendium.
Since 1977, Emergency Medical Abstracts is in search of hundreds of journals that provide audio summaries of the most important papers in emergency medicine.
CorePendium is a new internet-based extensive multimedia text specifically concentrating on emergency medicine that is literature-based and is updated every three months with the current information from the medical literature.
The intended audience for this session is physicians, PAs and NPs who practice in emergency departments and are exploring an evidence-based, literature-focused update in controversial areas of emergency care.
By the end of the session, an attendee will be able to,
• Review key points from the literature regarding leading-edge Emergency Medicine topics
• Debate literature-based recommendations for practice improvement
• Efficiently translate the received strategies into advanced diagnostics and subsequently implement a better treatment plan for their patients
• Dizzy Patients – Is It Posterior Fossa?
• Syncope: Don’t Screw It Up
• No More LPs in Kids Age 29-60 Days?
• UTIs in Toddlers, Overdiagnosed?
• Treating Benign Vomiting / Diarrhea in Kids
• Can You Blame Otitis Media for a Fever?
• Atrial Fibrillation – Lots to Know - Part 1
• Atrial Fibrillation – Lots to Know - Part 2
• Pharyngitis – Still Figuring It Out in 2020
• Clinical Pneumonia / Negative CXR?
• Myths in Emergency Medicine
• The Top 8 Malpractice Diagnoses - Part 1
• The Top 8 Malpractice Diagnoses - Part 2
• US vs Chest X-ray vs CT?
• Sexual / Ethnic / Racial Bias in EM
• Pearls from Risk Management Monthly
• Pearls from ED Leadership Monthly
• Still Prescribing Fluoroquinolones?
• Who Needs a CTCA in the ED?
• Outpatient Orthopedics Pearls
• New ED Guidelines to Know About - Part 1
• New ED Guidelines to Know About - Part 2
• Psychiatric Patients – Big Time Risks
• DKA in Kids and Adults – Leading Edge
• Trauma Care Controversies
• ED Boarding is Very Bad for Patients!
• Visual Diagnosis Challenges - Part 1
• Visual Diagnosis Challenges - Part 2
• Important Recent EM Literature - Part 1*
• Important Recent EM Literature - Part 2*
• Optimizing ED Operations*
• Diagnostic and Therapeutic Controversies*
*Topics listed with an asterisk (*) are 90-minute faculty panel discussions; all other topics are 30 minutes. Topics subject to change without notice.
|Contact No. :||1-800-458-4779|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physician Early Fee||25 Feb,2020||USD 695.00|
|Physician Regular Fee||07 Apr,2020||USD 745.00|
|Residents, PAs, NPs, RNs Early Fee||25 Feb,2020||USD 595.00|
|Residents, PAs, NPs, RNs Regular Fee||07 Apr,2020||USD 645.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news