2nd Masterclass in Endoscopy in Gastrointestinal Oncology is organized by European School of Oncology (ESO) and will be held from Jan 31 - Feb 03, 2020 at Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands.
The aim of this Masterclass is to provide an update of the role of endoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal neoplasia. The Masterclass is specifically addressed to junior specialists and each topic will be analysed in a systematic and propaedeutic way, from basic to the most complex and difficult procedures. The Masterclass will consist of a series of focused presentations, update lectures and video sessions. Presenters will be using case illustrative examples and high quality video throughout the programme.
The most recent advances in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy will be presented; technical devices will be critically analysed according to the data obtained from evidence-based results of the literature.
High level interaction between the faculty and the audience will be facilitated throughout the course and clinical case discussions in groups will be scheduled each day where the participants’ clinical cases will be discussed. The importance of the multidisciplinary approach to gastrointestinal cancers will be elaborated.
Together with gastroenterologists, interventional radiologists, surgeons and oncologists, participants will be actively involved both in the presentations and in the discussions.
The key aim of the course is to illustrate that endoscopy may offer its best potential particularly when it is part of a comprehensive clinical evaluation of the patient.
• Update on epidemiology of gastrointestinal cancers and precancerous conditions/lesions
• Appraise the role of endoscopy in several scenarios.
• Discuss cancer genetics and the role of endoscopy.
• Update on endoscopic diagnostic approaches and endotherapy in a multidisciplinary perspective.
• Update on technological innovations.
• Discuss indications and limits of endoscopy and methods to acquire competency in endoscopy.
• Competency in endoscopy but also in clinical research: how to prepare a research protocol
• Is a 4-day residential, educational and practical event
• Presents full covering of premalignant lesions and malignancies of the gastrointestinal tract
• Is clinically and multi-disciplinary-oriented
• Includes an international faculty of top experts delivering lectures and holding interactions focusing on the management of esophageal, gastric, hepatobiliary, pancreatic and colon cancer
• Provides interaction with other junior specialists from various countries and the experts
• Is located at a teaching hospital
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+41 91 820 09 58
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|