21st Annual Dermatology in the Keys, 'Derm for the Non-Derm' is organized by USF Health’s Office of Continuing Professional Development (OCPD. This live session is held from May 27 - 31, 2020 at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, Key West, Florida, United States of America.
The intended audience for the session includes Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and PCPs rendering dermatologic services or those desirous of learning and improving their dermatologic diagnostic, therapeutic and procedural skills.
USF Health assigns this live activity for a maximum of 29.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
A maximum of 29.00 contact hours may be acquired by learners who successfully complete this continuing nursing education activity
Breakdown of credit hours:
Main Conference: 19 hours
• Clinical Skills Workshop – 3 hours
• Dermatologic Surgery Workshop – 3 hours
• Electro/Cryo/Biopsy Workshop – 3 hours
• Dermoscopy Tutorial – 1 hour
There is an acute shortage of dermatologists in the United States. Dermatologists are moving away from medical dermatology with many now concentrating on cosmetic and oncologic methods. Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are swiftly growing the medical dermatology providers as are primary care physicians. Medical and basic dermatologic surgery methods have been identified as a high priority in several needs assessment surveys for CME.
Several mini-symposia, concentrating on the diagnosis and administration of common skin problems likely to be confronted by providers will be presented by distinguished faculty.
Interactive workshops have been outlined in this session to amplify your dermatologic procedural skills and challenge your diagnostic acumen.
Clinical Skills An interactive session outlined to enhance the ability of a participants’ ability to acknowledge and treat common skin disorders. Our most popular workshop!
• Enhance your diagnostic acumen
• Form a differential diagnosis
Dermatologic Surgery An introductory lecture followed by a “hands-on” workshop precepted by dermatologic surgeons in small group settings. Take your practice to the next level!
• Associates will “operate” on artificial skin to improve or refine their surgical techniques
• Emphasis will be placed on simple excisions with the chance to examine more complex flaps
• Machines available for use during the workshop
SPACE IS LIMITED TO FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS! Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers Only.
Electrosurgery/Cryosurgery/Biopsy Lecture and “hands-on” workshop in electrodessication & curettage and cryosurgery techniques. Possibility to practice shave & punch biopsy techniques on artificial skin.
• Explanation by expert’s techniques on artificial skin.
• Stateof-the-art equipment available for practice
• Explain when, where and how to use this equipment
You should be doing these procedures! Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers Only.
Dermoscopy Tutorial Dermoscopy is a “cutting edge,” noninvasive technique utilizing a specialized magnifying device to greatly enhance the diagnosis of skin lesions. With Dermoscopy, morphologic features are evident that cannot be identified by the naked eye alone. Enhance your diagnostic Skills!
• Enhance your diagnostic accuracy for pigmented skin lesions in general and early invasive melanoma
• Learn pattern analysis
• Complimentary lunch
Prerequisites and Course Completion Requirements
There are no prerequisites for this conference. Completion requirements for this activity are:
• Finish the activity evaluation
• Attest to your participation
At the conclusion of the session, participants must be able to,
• Recognize and maintain common dermatologic disorders and skin lesions.
• Examine the pathophysiology of the most common dermatologic difficulties such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin infections and skin tumors.
• Employ evidence-based knowledge to practice in order to enhance outcomes for patients with psoriasis, acne & other common skin disorders.
• Evaluate cutaneous abnormalities blended with serious underlying medical problems and internal malignancy
• Identify common skin lesions and rashes that present in childhood
• Distinguish common skin infections and implement evidence-based knowledge to improve therapeutic outcomes.
• Identify the clinical presentations of nonmelanoma skin cancers, melanoma, and pre-cancers.
• Employ a practical approach for accomplishing your patients at risk for skin cancer and update your knowledge of the treatment approaches, including surgery.
• Illustrate the use of dermoscopy as a device to estimate skin lesions and ascertain when to biopsy pigmented lesions
• Estimate the relevant use of cryotherapy and electrosurgery along with the pitfalls.
• Contrast between skin biopsy techniques and know when, why and how to perform them.
• Accurately document E/M services and certainly code for dermatological procedures.
• Competently utilize knowledge of the use of Botulinum Toxins, Fillers, lasers and IPL use in dermatology cosmetic procedures.
• Identify aging skin changes and implement cosmetic interventions.
• Evaluate basic dermatologic surgery techniques and suture materials.
View All Speaking
Obstetrics and Gynecology
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|MD/DO - Early Fee||30 Apr,2020||USD 1,199.00|
|MD/DO - Conference Fee||26 May,2020||USD 1,275.00|
|Residents and mid-levels - Early Fee||30 Apr,2020||USD 899.00|
|Residents and mid-levels - Conference Fee||26 May,2020||USD 975.00|
|Silver Pass (Includes registration, all workshops, reception for participant) Fee||26 May,2020||USD 1,575.00|
|Clinical Skills Workshop Fee||26 May,2020||USD 175.00|
|Dermatologic Surgery Fee||26 May,2020||USD 295.00|
|Electro/Cryo Surgery Fee||26 May,2020||USD 195.00|
|Dermoscopy Tutorial Fee||26 May,2020||USD 100.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news