2-Day: The Ultimate Guide to Fall Prevention: Fall-proof Your Patients with Today’s Best Practices is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 24, 2020 at Oakland Airport Executive Hotel, Oakland, California, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.5 contact hours or 1.25 CEUs
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Nurse Practitioners
• Nursing Home Administrators
Whether your patients’ goals are to return to work, play with their grandkids, or travel the world, your hard work helps them progress toward their functional goals.
But one fall can severely set back progress and turn your patient’s life upside down, resulting in rapidly declining health, extended hospital stays, financial loss, fear, and isolation. Falls can often be predicted and prevented if you know what to look for, but all too often, clinicians are so focused on the injury or disability at hand that fall risks are overlooked – until it’s too late.
Attend this intensive training course and learn how to help patients avoid falls while retaining the strength, balance, and mobility it takes to stay functionally independent.
Built on today’s best practices, this hands-on program will show you how to better predict and prevent falls with a comprehensive risk assessment that combines the best evaluations currently available. Expand your rehab toolbox for fall prevention and post-fall rehab with interventions you can use immediately. Design robust, innovative plans of care for high risk patients with specific impairments, from diabetes to Parkinson’s. And finally, learn how to develop an effective fall prevention program using tools and strategies that have helped countless patients leave their fear of falling behind.
• Discuss the latest advances in fall prevention and their implications for rehab.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive assessment, identifying and differentiating root causes of fall risk.
• Evaluate the most effective interventions available for reducing risk and restoring balance, mobility, and function.
• Integrate multiple approaches for better outcomes, including balance and gait training, vestibular rehabilitation, gaze stabilization, multitasking interventions, and environmental modification.
• Describe the most effective landing strategies to minimize impact.
• Develop an effective home exercise program.
• Design robust, innovative plans of care for high risk patients with various diagnoses.
• Discuss parameters for safely intensifying rehab.
• Determine effective strategies for helping noncompliant, difficult, or depressed patients become more engaged in their recovery.
• Review coding and billing updates for fall prevention and post-fall rehab.
• Outline key components of a successful fall prevention program.
• Describe strategies for effectively marketing a fall prevention program.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Fee||23 Feb,2020||USD 499.99|
|Single Registration: Advance Price Fee||04 Feb,2020||USD 439.99|
|2 Group Rate: per person Fee||23 Feb,2020||USD 439.99|