2-Day Psychopharmacology Conference for Today’s Mental Health Professional: “Must Have” Information to Better Serve Your Clients (Jan 16 - 17, 2020)
2-Day Psychopharmacology Conference for Today’s Mental Health Professional: “Must Have” Information to Better Serve Your Clients is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 16 - 17, 2020 at Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection by Hilton, New York City, New York, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.5 CE / 12.6 contact hours / 12.5 contact hours or 1.25 CEUs / 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ / 15.0 contact hours.
• Nurse Practitioners
• Clinical Nurse Specialists
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Physician Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapist Assistants
• Other Mental Health & HealthCare Professionals
Spend two action-packed days learning about the newest advances in psychopharmacology and contemporary trends in medication management. Sonata Bohen teaches psychopharmacology thoughtfully, with an emphasis on the experience of the client. Sonata’s extensive 30 plus years of experience and passion for clients shines through in the detail and thoroughness of her presentation.
Clients often only have a few minutes with their prescriber and require additional support. It’s vital that you are able to answer questions, help manage side effects and understand reactions. Designed for counselors, nurses, psychotherapists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals, Sonata provides the information you need in order to best help your clients.
This conference allows time for exploration of underrepresented areas, including ADHD, sleep, eating, and substance use disorders. Take home specialized guidelines for geriatrics, pregnant or nursing women, and clients with chronic pain. Discuss how the DSM-5® has impacted prescribing patterns and the use of psychotropics in newly defined diagnoses. In addition to a general ‘nuts and bolts’ review of medications, you will examine case examples, discuss medication controversies and how to effectively collaborate with prescribing practitioners.
• Specify how psychotropic medications are chosen for mood disorders and specific patient characteristics.
• Analyze the actions, therapeutic uses, and side effects of antidepressants.
• Assist clients in overcoming barriers that impede the efficacy of their medication regime.
• Determine options for clients with treatment resistant mood disorders.
• Communicate options for clients with treatment resistant mood disorders.
• Communicate the actions, side effects, and therapeutic uses of antipsychotic medications.
• Evaluate the three critical strategies for improving collaboration with prescribing practitioners.
• Explore psychotropic medication treatment options for clients with Attention • Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
• Articulate the efficacy of psychotropic medications in treating eating disorders and discuss how to integrate psychotherapy with psychopharmacology for successful treatment outcomes.
• Formulate medication treatment options for substance use disorders and discuss how to effectively incorporate medication assisted treatments into an overall plan for care.
• Analyze the interaction between women’s hormone levels and their mental health symptoms.
• Explore the use of complementary and alternative agents for treatment of mental illnesses.
• Determine the unique medication treatment considerations for geriatric clients.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Fee||27 Dec,2019||USD 439.99|
|Single Registration Fee||15 Jan,2020||USD 499.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||15 Jan,2020||USD 439.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news