2-Day Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Intensive Training Course is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held from Jan 30 - 31, 2020 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Troy Auburn Hills, Troy, Michigan, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.6 contact hours / 12.5 clock hours of continuing education instruction / 0.6 CEUs.
• Social Workers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Case Managers
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Mental Health Professionals
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is an empirically validated approach for working with mental health, chemical dependency, and complex co-morbidity. Designed to empower clients to establish mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness, DBT assists clinicians in treating clients with emotional problems, suicidal, self-harm, and self-sabotaging urges and behaviors, and challenging interpersonal styles. Attend this 2-day intensive training course and receive a detailed understanding and foundation of the skills of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) as applied to clients with mental health and chemical dependency issues. Going beyond symptom management, these skills are designed to improve functioning to build satisfying lives. This course explores DBT’s theoretical basis, specific DBT interventions, and how to teach skills in individual and group settings. Familiarity with these skills and techniques along with experiential exercises will enhance your clinical skills and professional development. Guided by the latest research and policy in evidence-based practices, this course teaches the clinical process and content of DBT from theory to practice. Going beyond prescriptive applications, this course shows you how to use essentials such as validation, dialectical strategies, communication styles, and the best ways of changing behaviors in order to effectively balance acceptance and change with your clients. Complete with education on user-friendly diary cards and chain analysis protocols, you will leave this conference with increased DBT competency as well as many new tools including client worksheets to bring to your clinical practice.
This course counts towards the educational requirement when applying for Certification in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (through Evergreen Certification Institute (EVGCI).
• Explain the underlying theory of Dialectics and Dialectic Behavior Therapy.
• Integrate DBT skills for individuals and group therapy treatment into practice.
• Teach DBT skills in the areas of Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotional Regulation and Interpersonal Effectiveness to clients.
• Utilize specific DBT skills for the treatment of a range of mental health symptoms, chemical dependency and complex co-morbidities.
• Describe DBT tools and resources used to effectively change behavior.
• Articulate a variety of strategies for teaching DBT skills to clients.
• Demonstrate the use of crisis survival strategies to enhance distress tolerance.
• Discriminate the DBT model from cognitive-behavioral, client-centered, and other treatment modalities.
• Practice a multi-layered approach to validation of clients’ thoughts and feelings.
• Apply DBT diary cards and chain (change) analysis techniques to address specific clinical issues in practice.
• Summarize how to effectively operate consultative groups and treatment teams.
• Assess and manage self-injurious and suicidal behaviors with clear protocols and safety plans.
• Discuss the limitations and risks of DBT and areas of ongoing or future research regarding DBT effectiveness.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||10 Jan,2020||USD 439.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||29 Jan,2020||USD 499.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: Per Person Fee||29 Jan,2020||USD 439.99|