10th Point-of-care Ultrasound Workshop is organized by UT Health San Antonio. The symposium is held from Feb 14 - 15, 2020 at Omni La Mansion del Rio, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America.
Point-of-Care Ultrasound Workshop is a novel and has the hands-on experience to train the bedside providers regarding the applications with the portable ultrasound. Through a series of sessions, members will practice capturing specific ultrasound views on live models and patients under the guidance of experienced faculty. The session has in the hold of instructive lectures to enhance the participants' awareness of the indications, technical skills, and clinical integration of bedside ultrasound.
This conference is intended mainly for clinicians seeking training in portable ultrasound.
• Internal Medicine
• Nurse Practitioners
• Family Medicine
• Physician Assistants
• Critical Care Medicine
• Emergency Medicine
Continuing Medical Education Statement
The UT Health San Antonio Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine are authorized by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to render continuing medical education for physicians.
The UT Health San Antonio Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long San Antonio School of Medicine assigns this live session for a maximum of 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™. Physicians can claim the credit commensurate based on the extent of their participation in the activity.
MOC Part II
The Successful completion of this CME session includes participation in the investigation component, which facilitates the attendees to earn up to 16.0 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Members of the session will earn MOC points commensurate to the amount of CME credits required for the activity. The Long School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education will present a participants' completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Why is this workshop unique?
• Maximum practice scanning with live models
• Nationally recognized expert faculty from leading academic institutions
• Small group sessions with low participant to faculty ratios
• Curriculum designed to teach the highest-yield point-of-care administrations for clinicians
• Discounted pricing significantly less than other courses
What can you expect to learn?
• Basic principles of ultrasound technology and the essential operation of a compact ultrasound machine
• Procedures delivered focusing on the diagnostic ultrasound reviews at the bedside, that includes imaging of the heart, lungs, abdomen, and lower extremity veins
• Procedures to guide the performance of bedside procedures with ultrasound guidance, including central venous catheterization, thoracentesis, paracentesis, and lumbar puncture
• Indications, basic protocols, and limitations of bedside ultrasound imaging
• Practice analysis of normal and abnormal ultrasound images
• Mentored scanning with prominent faculty to learn hands-on imaging techniques
This session serves one of the program requirements for the SHM Point-of-care Ultrasound Certificate of Completion.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
View All Speaking
|Contact No. :||(210) 793-2426
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians/Other Learners - Registration Fee||13 Feb,2020||USD 1450.00|