10th Point-of-care Ultrasound Workshop is organized by UT Health San Antonio and will be held from Feb 14 - 15, 2020 at Omni La Mansión del Rio RiverWalk, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America.
Point-of-Care Ultrasound Workshop is a unique hands-on experience to teach providers bedside applications of portable ultrasound. During a series of hands-on sessions, participants will practice capturing specific ultrasound views on live models and patients under the guidance of experienced faculty. The hands-on sessions will be complemented by didactic lectures to improve the participants' knowledge of the indications, technical skills, and clinical integration of bedside ultrasound.
This workshop is designed for clinicians seeking training in portable ultrasound.
• Internal Medicine
• Nurse Practitioners
• Family Medicine
• Physician Assistants
• Critical Care Medicine
• Emergency Medicine
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ - 16.00
• ABIM MOC - 16.00
Why is this workshop unique?
• Maximum hands-on practice scanning with live models
• Nationally recognized expert faculty from leading academic institutions
• Small group sessions with low participant to faculty ratios
• Curriculum designed to teach the highest-yield point-of-care applications for clinicians
• Discounted pricing significantly less than other courses
What can you expect to learn?
• Fundamental principles of ultrasound technology and basic operation of a portable ultrasound machine
• Techniques to perform focused diagnostic ultrasound examinations at the bedside, including imaging of the heart, lungs, abdomen, and lower extremity veins
• Techniques to guide performance of bedside procedures with ultrasound guidance, including central venous catheterization, thoracentesis, paracentesis, and lumbar puncture
• Indications, basic protocols, and limitations of bedside ultrasound imaging
• Practice interpretation of normal and abnormal ultrasound images
• Mentored scanning with experienced faculty to learn hands-on imaging techniques
This course satisfies one of the program requirements for the SHM Point-of-care Ultrasound Certificate of Completion.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||210-617-5300
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physicians/Other Learners - Registration Fee||13 Feb,2020||USD 1450.00|