Urgent Care Summit 4-Day CME Conference 2019 is organized by Emergency Medicine Institute (EMI) and will be held from Jul 08 - 11, 2019 at The Lakefront Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America.
CME4Life and the Emergency Medicine Institute has partnered to ignite your passion in learning and measurably increase your confidence and competence. This course is designed for PAs, NPs and primary care physicians working in the ED.
Come join us for a unique and one of a kind conference experience! Learn clinical application of patient assessment, lab medicine, EKG and radiology. Also, we teach you how to stay out of trouble medical legally. This activity is being applied to be worth 20 hours of CME Credit.
John Bielinski, Jr, MS, PAC is hailed as one of the greatest presenters in the country. With his unique active style and easy to follow the presentation, attendees have reported learning more in one day from him than an entire year in the classroom! He earned a master’s degree in family and emergency medicine and is a national lecturer on emergency medicine and extraordinary patient care. His experience not only includes years of hospitalist/intensive care coverage, but he has also run a rural emergency department for nine years autonomously, having cared for hundreds of cardiac arrest and critically ill patients.
John has lectured for over 10 years teaching PA students at two PA schools in Buffalo, NY, as well as instruction of paramedics/ nurses on advanced cardiac life support.
• Laboratory Medicine & Clinical Application
• Pulmonary Medicine & CXR Interpretation
• Chest Pain & EKG/ECG Interpretation
• Common Emergency Medicine Complaints
To learn more about him and his "active engagement" learning style, check out his podcast Talk EM or his YouTube channel. John has been the keynote speaker at numerous state and national conference as well as in Canada and on National Geographic.
• Understand the psychological and disconnect addiction patients have with their disorder and provide the care they need in EM
• Be able to understand the presentation of patients with alcohol abuse to diagnosis Korsakoff’s syndrome and differentiate it from Wernicke’s Enchelopathy.
• Understand and be able to diagnosis the 5 most important diseases associated with dyspnea and why they should not be missed.
• Be able to recognize the presentation of CHF for early identification and make treatment recommendation based on current AHA/ACC guidelines to improve patient outcome.
• Identify and treat asthma based on current guidelines from the Global Initiative in Asthma
• To have a better understanding on the presentation of pulmonary embolism for improved diagnoses and to implement treatment strategies based current guidelines.
• To explain the approach to evaluate ophthalmologic complaints
• Identify the two key components of a deep eye problem requiring consultation
• Provide tools of visual acuity in a patient who does not have their prescribed glasses/contacts
ENT in Urgent Care
• To appropriately diagnose and treat otitis media based on clinical presentation and physical exam findings with updated antibiotic recommendations based on current guidelines
• Be apply Centor’s Criteria to assist you in the diagnosis of Strep pharyngitis
• Understand the current guidelines for treatment of sinusitis
• To define an approach to chest pain based on current AHA/ACC guidelines
• To apply the HEART score for low risk chest pain
• To identify infectious causes of chest pain based on clinical presentation and evaluation.
Acute Abdominal Pain
• To apply a systematic approach to a patient with acute ABD pain based on AFP guidelines
• Apply the AAN and AHS updated guideline for the treatment of acute migraine
• To explain a clinical approach to OB/GYN complaints
• To diagnosis wound care complaints and apply the National Wound Management Guidelines
• To organize a clinical approach to ED infectious diseases
Typical Ortho Complaints
• To diagnosis common orthopedic injuries based on H&P and initiate therapeutics
• Use both the Ottawa Knee and Ankle Rules as an assessment tool to help your evaluation and work up on knee and ankle injuries
Learn common rashes
• To assess common rashes in the ED to make appropriate diagnosis and initiate treatment
• Review the Medication Error Prevention in Hospitals Guidelines (2018)
• To provide pearls of effective communication to improve patient compliance
• To develop a strategy to reduce medical errors
• To guide in malpractice defense and optimal documentation based on case presentations.
|Contact No. :||+1 844-774-7731
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Registration Fee||09 May,2019||USD 679.00|
|Regular Registration Fee||07 Jul,2019||USD 729.00|