Updates in Family Medicine 2019 is organized by Mayo Clinic, Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) and will be held from Mar 21 - 23, 2019 at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, San Diego, California, United States of America.
This course is designed for family physicians, general internists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses in primary care and family medicine.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Live activity, Updates in Family Medicine, with a beginning date of 03/21/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 16.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 16.75 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
Gain knowledge on the latest recommendations involving medical specialties important to the primary care setting that can be applied immediately into practice. Mayo Clinic, in collaboration with Kaiser Permanente, is offering a comprehensive update course designed for practicing primary care and family physicians. The course, which includes faculty from both Mayo Clinic and Kaiser Permanente, uses lecture, panel and roundtable discussions to provide opportunities to interact with faculty.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Formulate new treatment options for the management of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
• Identify women who are high risk for breast cancer and what additional screening is recommended
• Identify which topical steroid preparation to use for common dermatologic conditions
• Review newest pap smear guidelines and how to manage patients with results who are not discussed in the new guidelines
• Explain how to manage a patient who requires opioid reduction
• Gain confidence in managing different functional disorders
• Review evaluation and management of patients with chronic kidney disease
• Up-to-date content focused on the needs of the primary care provider
• Exciting, quick-hitting format
• Access to content experts during dedicated Q&A panels, luncheon roundtable sessions and break times
• High-yield, clinical pearls presented with each talk
• Leave with practical, cutting-edge information that can be applied immediately to your daily practice
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|M.D., DO, Ph.D Full Fee||20 Mar,2019||USD 849.00|
|RN, PA, NP, Resident, Fellow, Allied Health, Retiree Reduced Fee||20 Mar,2019||USD 749.00|
|ABFM KSA Fee||20 Mar,2019||USD 200.00|