Ultrasound in Vascular Access - 2 Day Course is organized by Australian Institute of Ultrasound (AIU) and will be held from Apr 23 - 24, 2019 at Australian Institute of Ultrasound, Gold coast, Queensland, Australia.
ACEM | This course accredited for 14 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies for Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access (Central and Peripheral Line)
ACRRM | Approved for 30 PDP points; 30 points PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS Emergency Medicine Eligible for Rural Procedural Grants Funding – 2 days under all components (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery)
ANZCA | Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour
CICM | Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1; Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2; Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3
RACGP | Activity Number: 103386, 40 Category 1 points. Specific Requirement Eligibility – Diagnostic radiology
This 2 day program is specifically designed for vascular access staff who have little or no experience of diagnostic ultrasound, and would like to become proficient in all the basic concepts of ultrasound techniques in peripheral vascular access.
• Basic physical principles of ultrasound
• Basic physical principles of colour
• Artifacts & knobology
• Probe manipulation techniques
• Needle guidance techniques
• Scanning protocols in peripheral vascular access
• Practical scanning tuition on patient volunteers
• Practical needle guidance tuition on phantoms
Course Objectives are:
• To provide an overview of the basic principles of ultrasound, artifacts & system controls associated with vascular access.
• To provide the scanning skills requred in basic vascular access applications, including needle guidance.
• To provide an understanding of the difficulties encountered in vascular access examinations and needle guidance.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+61 7 552 66655
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||AUD $1700.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|