Ultrasound in Rural Medicine Core - 3 Day Course is organized by Australian Institute of Ultrasound (AIU) and will be held from Jan 21 - 23, 2019 at Australian Institute of Ultrasound, Gold coast, Queensland, Australia. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 40 Category 1 points.
Limited time is the daily routine of a general practitioner. However, an informed use of point of care ultrasound can risk stratify many difficult decisions. Is this heart failure? Renal colic, cholecystitis or an abdominal aortic aneurysm? Pneumothorax? Should I refer this patient? All these questions can be answered at the bedside, with nothing more than a hand-held ultrasound. This three-day course provides a basic introduction to problem solving for these low risk-high stakes questions. This course targets important branch points in management decisions rather than a deep dive into any one system. Take these tools home, practise in your own environment, then work with us toward credentialing in those protocols that will have the highest yield in your job.
• Basic Physics principles
• Abdominal aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
• E-FAST protocol
• Renal hydronephrosis and calculi
• Basic Echo in Life Support (BELS)
• Vascular access
At the end of this course the attendees will be able to:
• Identify the parameters of safe application of ultrasound and its limitations in medical diagnosis
• Identify the physical principles, artefacts and the steps for image optimisation while performing ultrasound.
• Practice “hands on” ultrasound scanning skills required to maximise diagnostic ability in answering relevant clinical questions
• Recognise the sonographic appearances of normal and abnormal structures required to answer common clinical questions
• Perform AAA, E-FAST, BELS, Biliary, Hydronephrosis and Renal Calculi and Vascular Access ultrasound techniques
• Acquire images obtained on normal adult volunteers & phantoms
• Interpret images from normal adult volunteers
• Recognise the variants and abnormalities from presentations and case-based learning. Document the ultrasound findings
• Equip the learner with the foundation skills to begin to incorporate the ultrasound skills with the clinical situation to make appropriate management decisions
ACEM - This course accredited for 23 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
ACRRM - Approved for 30 PDP points; 30 points PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS Emergency Medicine.
ANZCA - Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour.
CICM - Lectures - Category 2A, points per hour 1;
Demonstrations - Category 2B, points per hour 2;
Skills - Category 3B, points per hour 3
RACGP - Activity Number: 142569, 40 Category 1 points.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||+61 7 552 66655,
04029 123 77
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||AUD $2850.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|