Treating Traumatic Stress in Kids: Sensory, Yoga & Mindfulness Techniques to Rewire the Young Brain is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Nov 21, 2019 at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 clock hours / 6.0 contact hours.
• Social Workers
• Occupational Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Physical Therapists
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Other Helping Professionals who Work with Children
Anxiety, panic, inattention and stress are at epidemic proportion for our kids and teens, leaving them unable to play, learn and grow. Many kids feel disconnected, lonely, scared, sad and angry, left vulnerable to depression, anxiety, disconnection, and psychological and physiological challenges.
Anxiety and fear are the grand hijackers of kids attention, focus and self-regulation.
In this highly experiential seminar, we will dig deep into the most challenging diagnoses and behaviors including:
• Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
• Reactive Attachment Disorder
• Anxiety, intense worry, fear
• Aggression and angry outbursts
• Risk taking behaviors
• and more …
This integrative approach to yoga and mindfulness includes:
• Sensory integration activities
• Co-regulation mastery
• Chair-based exercises
• Cognitive behavioral approaches
• Sensorimotor modalities
Come experience each activity, gain specific language for how to modify it for kids, and discover how to weave it into your existing practice.
• Interpret trauma from a developmental and psychological perspective.
• Support how sleep, eating and learning patterns are related to overall better function.
• Evaluate how yoga and mindfulness exercises rewire the brain to become more connected.
• Integrate mindfulness techniques to promote more focus, attention and awareness.
• Establish how soothing the nervous system will promote engagement.
• Construct effective plans to respond to resistance when sharing yoga and mindfulness with children.
• Model skills for parents to implement at home for a better bond.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Regular Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group: per Person - Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|