Treat Anxiety, Trauma, Addiction and Depression Through the Wisdom & Creativity of Story and Symbol is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on May 23, 2019 at Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel, Palo Alto, California, United States of America.
• Social Workers
• Mental Health Counselors
• Creative Arts Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Nurse Practitioners
• Hospice Workers
• School Guidance Counselors
Feeling depressed and abandoned by her husband and children, a broken client walks into your office, the victim in her own story. You try traditional therapeutic techniques to no avail. Your client is stuck, failing to make progress, and starting to doubt that an end to the suffering is possible. You struggle to move her forward, but feel helpless and unable to breathe new life into the clinical approaches that normally serve you so well.
Now imagine having the power to create a new story with your client, one in which she becomes the heroine in her life’s journey.
The story is the way the mind naturally works, how it integrates thoughts and emotions, making stories one of our most powerful tools to transform and heal.
Attend this workshop and learn how to bypass natural resistance to therapy, move stuck clients forward, and help them build new and beneficial neural pathways through groundbreaking interventions built around poems, stories, and journaling.
• Evidence-based techniques will empower you to creatively and effectively treat your clients facing anxiety, trauma, addiction and depression. Interventions that you will receive include:
• Detailed instruction on the strategic application of Bibliotherapy to transform the difficult client into someone with whom you can make great therapeutic strides.
• Key components of storytelling and guidance through the application of simple writing exercises your clients can easily and naturally use.
• Published writings and detailed handouts and instruction on applying these stories to treatment with anxious, traumatized, addicted and depressed clients.
• Skill building activities and interactive exercises that will reinforce the concepts taught, the ability to practice what you’ve learned, and allow its immediate incorporation into your clinical work.
• Demonstrate both prescriptive and expressive techniques to treat depression, anxiety, trauma, addiction and bereavement.
• Apply journaling techniques to track and regulate client’s emotions.
• Employ the principles of transformative writing in treatment for greater neural integration, more flexibility of thought, and greater range of emotion.
• Implement simple writing exercises for treatment of emotional regulation and anchoring.
• Use poetry reading and journaling in treatment to balance your client’s emotions.
• Implement Bibliotherapy techniques in therapy to strengthen the observing ego which leads to new perspectives, behaviors and insights.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||03 May,2019||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||22 May,2019||USD 229.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||22 May,2019||USD 199.99|
|Coordinator Fee||22 May,2019||USD 30.00|