Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussions is organized by Healthclick and will be held from Nov 09 - 10, 2019 at Heinz Rehab Hospital, Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is for PT, PTA, OT, AT. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 15 hours of CME credits.
This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 18 contact hours/1.8 ceu’s for therapists licensed in Illinois, New York, or the District of Columbia.
Conference Description :
This course is a two-day, advanced seminar focusing on balance and vestibular sequellae that may arise following a concussion or mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI). The cause of concussions can be varied, from sports related injuries, car accidents, falls, to the more unique and complex mTBI sustained by the thousands of returning soldiers from war zone regions. This course is designed to aid in the identification of vestibular and balance deficits following a concussion. The participant will learn what types of diagnoses are most common following a concussion, expected recovery, outcomes and prognosis. We will cover a variety of pathologies including diffuse axonal injury, skull fractures, complex cases of BPPV, vestibular loss, cranial nerve damage, fistulas, traumatic Meniere’s, whiplash, motion intolerance, exercise induced dizziness and balance dysfunctions. We will discuss current “return to play”. guidelines, their limitations and how balance plays an important role. Case studies will be introduced so that participants will learn to systematically approach the examination, establish a working diagnosis and develop treatment plan and finally exercise prescription. Case studies will include several videos examples, focusing on key features to aid in interpretation of eye movement patterns and developing differential diagnosis from skills learned during lab. This course is organized to build in complexity, through case presentations, guided lab and lectures to allow the learner to have a thorough understanding of how to manage this population without getting overwhelmed! Throughout the course evidence based practice is emphasized. Participants will be able to develop clear, concise treatment regimen, learn how to educate patient, families and coaches on when is the best time to “return to play”. Finally, participants will learn what is known in the literature, what is not known and how you as a health care provider can play a prominent role.
Conference Objectives are :
• Describe the core features and overlap of symptoms from mild traumatic brain injury to post-concussion syndrome protracted recovery, expected outcomes and literature updates.
• Identify possible barriers to rehabilitation following a concussion and how to address them to maximize outcomes in the most efficient, cost-effective manner.
• Identify the areas of possible damage to the vestibular system following a TBI or concussion.
• Develop advanced understanding and knowledge of how to choose the most appropriate tests to deferentially diagnose vestibular and balance deficits following TBI.
• Describe the tools used for balance and vestibular interview and evaluation and apply it to this complex population.
• Evaluate the visual system and identify abhorrent eye movement and what it means to rehab and outcomes.
• Describe how to effectively manage whiplash associated dizziness.
• Develop and perform appropriate examination and treatment options for a variety of pathologies including diffuse axonal injury, skull fractures, BPPV, vestibular loss, cranial nerve injuries, fistulas, traumatic Meniere's, whiplash, motion intolerance, exercise-induced dizziness and balance dysfunctions.
• Develop individualized treatment programs for peripheral, central vestibular and/or balance deficits following a head injury.
• Describe the importance of multi-sensory damage and interdisciplinary management.
• Develop programs that incorporate “return to play” guidelines in a more useful, clinically relevant manner.
• Describe how technological advances can help in your clinic and how to utilize low-cost evaluation and treatment tools.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||800 300 5512|
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $475.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news