Trauma Advanced Principles is organized by AO North America and will be held from Sep 05 - 08, 2019 at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, Glendale, Arizona, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 27.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Building on the knowledge and skills gained through the AO Basic Principles in Fracture Management course, this Advanced Principles of Fracture Management course explores the treatment of complex fractures and fracture complications.
Through didactic case-based presentations and faculty and participants’ group discussions, participants will gain expert insight into:
• Complex fractures of the upper and lower extremities
• Fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum
• Fracture complications and polytrauma management
This course also provides valuable, hands-on experiences through the opportunity to practice newly learned surgical techniques on artificial bones. Participants will use preoperative planning and the latest fixation techniques to address the treatment of malunions and nonunions.
Prerequisite: The AO Basic Principles of Fracture Management course is a prerequisite for the Advanced Principles of Fracture Management course as familiarity and competence with instrumentation and techniques will be assumed.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
• Apply reduction techniques in fracture management with attention to soft tissue
• Assess and treat complex diaphyseal and (peri)articular fractures using advanced application techniques
• Demonstrate strategies for assessing and treating open fractures and soft-tissue injuries
• Initiate appropriate management for patients with pelvic injuries and polytrauma
• Recognize complications and manage accordingly
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||610-993-5100
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Participant - Orthopaedic Attending Fee||04 Sep,2019||USD 1690.00|
|Participant - Orthopaedic Resident Fee||04 Sep,2019||USD 1300.00|