Transgender & Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC) Clients: Clinical Issues & Treatment Strategies is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on May 29, 2019 at Crowne Plaza San Diego - Mission Valley, San Diego, California, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 Contact Hours.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Addiction Counselors
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Early in my career, I recognized that without training in affirmative practice, mental health providers are at risk of causing harm to their transgender and gender nonconforming clients (TGNC). As a result, mistakes are frequently made by using outdated treatment strategies and having a lack of education of how to work with gender diverse clients.
Today, I know that providing affirmative care practices are critical to ensure the safety of your TGNC clients. I will give you an insider’s perspective and guide you step-by-step through navigating the challenges your clients face that are often overlooked by mainstream clinical approaches.
Join me for this must attend workshop and I will show you the power of affirmative care for you and your clients to:
• Overcome the knowledge barrier
• Avoid outdated treatment plans
• Learn and differentiate correct terms such as gender queer, gender fluid and cisgender
• Breakthrough strategies to help your client tell their partner, families, friend and employers
• Gain tips to discuss hormone treatments and surgical procedures
Don’t wait to have your next TGNC client educate you about their challenges and clinical concerns! Begin your journey now to start providing a safe place for all your clients to genuinely be themselves.
• Communicate the complexities that transgender clients face daily including physical, mental, and social discomfort and how to address these in clinical practice.
• Develop a deep comprehension of the ways that a client’s own identity can create a trusting, effective relationship, and how their identity can negatively affect the clinical relationship.
• Apply concepts of affirmative clinical practice with gender diverse clients.
• Ascertain the various gender diverse identifies and understand the ways that intersecting identities create further challenges in daily life.
• Assess your current clinical practice to determine how affirmative your practice is for gender diverse clients.
• Individualize and create a transition timeline and goals with your client.
• Prepare letters for clients seeking feminizing and masculinizing hormone therapy and gender confirmation surgeries.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||09 May,2019||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||28 May,2019||USD 229.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||28 May,2019||USD 199.99|
|Coordinator Fee||28 May,2019||USD 30.00|