Transgender & Gender Non-Binary (TGNB) Clients: Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Nov 20, 2019 at Crowne Plaza Orlando-Downtown, Orlando, Florida, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Addiction Counselors
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Early in my career, I recognized that without training in affirmative practice, mental health providers are at risk of causing harm to their transgender and gender non-binary clients (TGNB). As a result, mistakes are frequently made by using outdated treatment strategies and having a lack of education of how to work with gender diverse clients.
Today, I know that providing affirmative care practices are critical to ensure the safety of your TGNB clients. I will give you an insider’s perspective and guide you step-by-step through navigating the challenges your clients face that are often overlooked by mainstream clinical approaches.
Join me for this must attend workshop and I will show you the power of affirmative care for you and your clients to:
• Overcome the knowledge barrier
• Avoid outdated treatment plans
• Learn and differentiate correct terms such as gender queer, gender fluid and cisgender
• Breakthrough strategies to help your client tell their partner, families, friends and employers
• Gain tips to discuss hormone treatments and surgical procedures
• Communicate the complexities that transgender clients face daily including physical, mental, and social discomfort and how to address these in clinical practice.
• Develop a deep comprehension of the ways that a client’s own identity can create a trusting, effective relationship, and how their identity can negatively affect the clinical relationship.
• Apply concepts of affirmative clinical practice with gender diverse clients.
• Ascertain the various gender diverse identities and understand the ways that intersecting identities create further challenges in daily life.
• Assess your current clinical practice to determine how affirmative your practice is for gender diverse clients.
• Prepare letters for clients seeking feminizing and masculinizing hormone therapy and gender confirmation surgeries.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||31 Oct,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||19 Nov,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group Rate: per person - Conference Fee||19 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news