Transgender & Gender Non-Binary (TGNB) Adult Clients: Culturally-Competent Strategies Every Clinician Should Know is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 12, 2019 at Residence Inn by Marriott Kansas City Airport, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 clock hours of continuing education instruction / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Addiction Counselors
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Are you working with clients who are questing their gender identity, already out in the community, possibly living a stealth life, or have just recently come to the realization that they are transgender? Or maybe you are curious about working with this population though feel unsure because you’re unfamiliar with the unique terminology and clinical needs? This course is for you!
Dianne Nicolls, MS, LMFT, gender therapist will show you how to create a safe and respectful therapeutic environment in which clients can navigate their way through their very personal transition process on the way to living an authentic life.
In this workshops, she will share 15 years of clinical experience along with her uniquely personal story how she learned first-hand what compassion, respect, and acceptance truly is for an individual who identifies as transgender. Leave behind your preconceived ideas about what is masculine and feminine and open your heart and mind to developing an understanding of what it is like to not adhere to the traditional binary concept of gender.
This information-packed seminar will leave you with the confidence to implement effective treatment strategies for working with transgender and gender non-binary adult clients.
• Develop an understanding of a non-binary gender spectrum and the latest gender terminology as it relates to clinical practice.
• Conduct a psychosocial evaluation to assess gender dysphoria and possible co-existing disorders in clients.
• Create a gender-affirming intake form and office environment to improve clinical outcomes.
• Identify personalized transition goals and create timelines to inform the clinician’s choice of treatment interventions.
• Prepare letters for clients seeking hormone therapy, gender-affirmation surgeries, and legal changes.
• Evaluate the potential gains and losses of transitioning for purposes of client psychoeducation.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||22 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Regular Fee||11 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group: per person - Fee||11 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news