Topics in Family Medicine Course is organized by Continuing Education, Inc and will be held from Dec 01 - 08, 2019 at MS Nieuw Statendam, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America. The target audience for this medical event is Physicians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners.
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
14 Contact Hours
• Hyperlipidemia Practice Guidelines: Aiming for the Moving Target
○ Recognizing current lipid management guidelines
○ Identifying at-risk patients
○ Account for the gaps in common risk calculators
○ Apply knowledge to real world examples
• Alphabet Soup: Updates in USPSTF Screening Guidelines
○ Identifying screening updates
○ Discuss controversial screening recommendations
○ Apply these guidelines to our patient population
• The Heart of the Family: Role of the Family Medicine Provider in the Management of Heart Failure
○ Define the role of the primary care provider in heart failure
○ Discuss new recommendations in heart failure management and medications
○ Managing acute exacerbations in the clinic and outpatient settings
• "I hurt all over": Fibromyalgia: Case- based
○ Describe the constellation of patient symptoms related to fibromyalgia and the overlap with many other common
○ Employ evidence based medicine to apply algorithm to real world patient examples
○ Recognizing fibromyalgia as a diagnosis of exclusion
• An Arm's Length: Common Upper Extremity Maladies and Treatment Strategies for the Primary Care Office
○ Recognizing common upper extremity disorders
○ Identify the patient needing referral
○ Minimize unnecessary imaging
○ Utilizing appropriate upper extremity injections
• From the Bedroom to the Exam Room: The Infertility Enigma Undressed
○ Defining infertility
○ Describe many contributing male and female factors
○ Discuss what can be managed in the family medicine clinic
○ Identify the patient who needs referral
• Risky Business: Exposures in Healthcare Providers
○ Recognize that the healthcare profession incurs some inherent risk
○ Discuss common exposures and appropriate prophylaxis
○ Application to caring for healthcare providers
• The High Price of Sugar: Balancing Novelty and Cost in Diabetes Management.
○ List commonly used diabetes treatments and identify their costs.
○ Select an appropriate treatment plan and utilize cost effective evidence based care.
• I's going tibia ok: Osteoporosis Screening and Management
○ Describe appropriate screening for osteoporosis and summarize available treatments to employ a patient centered care plan.
• The Pressure is Rising: The Ever Changing Hypertension Guideline
○ Cite current hypertension guidelines
○ Describe changes to recent guidelines and modify treatment plans to achieve blood pressure goals.
• COPD: The GOLD and the New
○ Recognize the GOLD criteria for COPD diagnosis and identify the stepwise approach to COPD care management.
• Thyroid: Too high, Too low, and the Pearls You Didn't Know
○ List appropriate thyroid axis abnormalities and describe appropriate, cost effective workup.
• Final Destination: Navigating Through Conversations and Symptoms at the End of Life
○ Discover strategies for important conversations for end of life care.
○ Select appropriate treatment plans and apply to real world symptom management examples
• Billing and Coding: Making Your Numbers Matter
○ Utilize a standard and repeatable process to choose correct coding for a clinic visit, document appropriately, and capture co-morbidities within the ICD-10 system
|Contact No. :||1-800-422-0711
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, and Dentists Fee||30 Nov,2019||USD 895.00|
|Physician Assistants Fee||30 Nov,2019||USD 695.00|
|Nurse Practitioners Fee||30 Nov,2019||USD 695.00|
|Nurses, Residents, Students and Others Fee||30 Nov,2019||USD 495.00|