Topics in Endocrinology & Negotiating and Mediating Healthcare Disputes is organized by Continuing Education, Inc and will be held from Mar 15 - 24, 2019 at MS Navigator of the Seas, Miami, Florida, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians, Attorneys, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
21 Contact Hours and Up to 21 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
Program Purpose :
• Introduction to Health Care Conflicts.
○ Describe different types of healthcare conflicts (ADR).
• Methods of Dispute Resolution in Healthcare.
○ Define Methods of Dispute Resolution in Healthcare.
• Negotiation Strategies.
○ Explain positional negotiation and interest based negotiation.
• Basic mediation techniques.
○ Summarize basic mediation techniques.
• Mediation of Provider Patient Complaints.
○ Describe mediation strategies in resolving patient complaints.
• Mediation of Medical Ethics Complaints.
○ Summarize mediation strategies to address bioethics issues.
• Mediation and Negotiation Strategies to Resolve Other Conflicts.
○ Summarize the role of negotiation and mediation methods to resolve other healthcare issues.
• Controversies in the Management of thyroid disease.
○ Discuss management of hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and subclinical thyroid disease.
• New developments in the medical and surgical management of obesity Selecting diets and exercise programs for your patients.
○ Explain the use of medications and surgery in the management of obesity.
• Using insulin effectively in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
○ Describe the use of insulin in both types of diabetes.
• How to choose the proper oral agent for your patient with Type 2 Diabetes.
○ Describe the use of oral agents in the therapy of diabetes.
• Diagnosing and treating lipid disorders in a timely fashion.
○ Discuss the guidelines for diagnosis and management of dyslipidemia.
• What is new in osteoporosis.
○ List new developments in the therapy of osteoporosis.
• Cases in metabolic bone disease.
○ Determine the diagnosis and management of common metabolic bone diseases.
• Common Pituitary and, Adrenal problems; diagnosis and management.
○ Discuss common pituitary and adrenal disorders their diagnosis and management.
• PCOS: Management throughout a woman's life span.
○ Discuss the early diagnosis and continuing management at different periods in a woman's reproductive.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, Dentists Fee||14 Mar,2019||USD 1095.00|
|Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners Fee||14 Mar,2019||USD 850.00|
|Nurses and Others Fee||14 Mar,2019||USD 695.00|