PBI Prescribing: Opioids, Pain Management, and Addiction Extended Edition (RX-21EX) is organized by Professional Boundaries, Inc. (PBI) and will be held from Aug 03 - 04, 2019 at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, Irvine, California, United States of America.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Prescribers from all disciplines will benefit from this course.
33 CME/CE hours
More than just a course in sound prescribing practices, this course reaches beyond to examine the personal and professional reasons why clinicians fail to prescribe properly. Both broad and deep, the curriculum covers common misconceptions about opioids, assessment of patients for misuse potential, setting prescribing-related boundaries, team-based pain management approaches, and compliance with documentation, laws, and rules.
In addition, and building on insights into why clinicians prescribe inappropriately, participants develop a Personalized Protection Plan to help them maintain their newfound knowledge base and prevent future prescribing-related lapses.
This Extended Edition includes a two day in-person course, followed by weekly, telephonic Maintenance and Accountability Seminars. These seminars reinforce what was learned, elevate accountability through revisiting Personalized Protection Plans, and engages participants in a community of peer review and support.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Inappropriate or unsafe prescribing of CDS
• Inadequate treatment and management of patients with chronic pain
• Documentation that does not comply with laws and regulations
• Poor understanding of drug dependence, addiction, and abuse potential
• Implement safer, more effective treatment with improved outcome through the application of a comprehensive knowledge of the spectrum of pain medications
• Apply the prescribing laws and regulations into clinical practice for the safe and effective use of opioids and controlled substances
• Produce and maintain medical records documenting compliance prescribing laws and documenting appropriate management and treatment of chronic pain
• Differentiate opioid dependency and addiction to minimize abuse potential and maximize pain management
|Contact No. :||904-800-1237
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctoral Degree Rate (Ex: MD, DO, DVM, DDS, DMD, Pharm. D, DPM, DC, Ph.D., etc.) Fee||02 Aug,2019||USD 2495.00|
|Non-Doctoral Degree (Ex: PA, nurses, PT, OT, RT, pharmacists, therapists/counselors, acupuncturists, dental hygienists, allied health professionals, etc.) Fee||02 Aug,2019||USD 1875.00|