PBI Prescribing: Opioids, Pain Management, and Addiction (RX-21) is organized by Professional Boundaries, Inc. (PBI) and will be held from Aug 03 - 04, 2019 at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, Irvine, California, United States of America.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Prescribers from all disciplines will benefit from this course.
21 CME/CE hours
More than just a course in sound prescribing practices, this course reaches beyond. We examine the personal and professional reasons why clinicians fail to prescribe properly. Both broad and deep, the curriculum covers common misconceptions about opioids, assessment of patients for misuse potential, setting prescribing-related boundaries, team-based pain management approaches, and compliance with documentation, laws, and rules.
An intensive pre-course component personalizes the course content to be state and profession specific. Attendees are directed to research and review their state specific prescribing guidelines. For participants required to take the course due to a prescribing offense, a state specific research paper is also submitted, in which participants summarize their offense and identify the violated federal or state ethical codes, laws, rules, guidelines, and/or statutes.
In addition, and building on insights into why clinicians prescribe inappropriately, participants develop a Personalized Protection Plan. This plan is designed to help them maintain their newfound knowledge base and prevent prescribing-related lapses.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Inappropriate or unsafe prescribing of CDS
• Inadequate treatment and management of patients with chronic pain
• Documentation that does not comply with laws and regulations
• Poor understanding of drug dependence, addiction, and abuse potential
• Implement safer, more effective treatment with improved outcome through the application of a comprehensive knowledge of the spectrum of pain medications
• Apply the prescribing laws and regulations into clinical practice for the safe and effective use of opioids and controlled substances
• Produce and maintain medical records documenting compliance prescribing laws and documenting appropriate management and treatment of chronic pain
• Differentiate opioid dependency and addiction to minimize abuse potential and maximize pain management
|Contact No. :||904-800-1237
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Doctoral Degree Rate (Ex: MD, DO, DVM, DDS, DMD, Pharm. D, DPM, DC, Ph.D., etc.)||02 Aug,2019||USD 1895.00|
|Non-Doctoral Degree Rate (Ex: PA, nurses, PT, OT, RT, pharmacists, therapists/counselors, acupuncturists, dental hygienists, allied health professionals, etc.)||02 Aug,2019||USD 1425.00|