The New Face of Anxiety: Treating Anxiety Disorders in the Age of Texting, Social Media and 24/7 Internet Access is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 04, 2019 at Greenville Marriott, Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.25 clock hours of continuing education.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapist Assistants
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Texting rather than talking. Gathering likes and followers. Making friends via a gaming console. Unrelenting 24/7 news cycles. Ready or not, the rise of social media, and 24/7 Internet access has changed the way we relate to one another (and ourselves), leaving in its wake a whole new set of challenges for those who use it.
As therapists, you see people of all ages with these issues:
The girl who can’t put her phone away during session. The boy who isn’t sleeping after reading messages on social media. Friends of all ages who shame each other for life choices and argue by text. The socially anxious young adult who struggles to meet people in person because all of his “friends” are online. The parent who has to contend with Facebook shaming for every parenting decision. The older adult who feels out of touch and disconnected. The impact is rampant and pervasive – as a result, treatment of anxiety doesn’t look the same anymore.
Attend this unique and engaging seminar to learn innovative ways to treat this new facet of anxiety with today’s client. You’ll discover:
• Key questions to ask at assessment to uncover problematic use of technology
• How excessive screen time affects mood, anxiety and self-worth in clients of all ages
• Tools to help clients regulate their emotions and make wise decisions (on and offline)
• Innovative techniques for promoting healthy use of technology with clients
• Deliberate strategies for managing time, device use and “information overload
• Evaluate the impact persistent screen time exposure can have on the neurobiological and psychological health of clients.
• Implement strategies to effectively reduce excessive use of technology that leads to avoidance and increased anxiety.
• Increase clients’ capacity to utilize technology in a healthy manner to decrease risk of anxiety and other mental health symptoms.
• Establish clinical practices that decrease rumination and build resilience to the stress of the digital world.
• Teach clients five strategies for overcoming irrational fears of social interaction in order to improve clinical outcomes.
• Implement cognitive-behavioral strategies for challenging distorted beliefs and the comparison fallacy as related to online interactions.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||14 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group Rate per Person - Conference Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news