The BC Substance Use Conference: Coming Together
The 1st Annual BC Substance Use Conference: Coming Together is organized by University of British Columbia Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) and will be held from May 23 - 25, 2019 at JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Physicians, nurses, allied health, residents.
• 12.75 Mainpro+
• 12.75 MOC Section 1
The BC Substance Use Conference 2019 is the first annual conference hosted by the BC Centre on Substance Use, bringing together key stakeholders from around the province to discuss provincial efforts to treat and care for people with substance use disorders. This three day event will include research, education, and clinical care guidance presentations and workshops across several topics within substance use including opioid, alcohol, and cannabis use disorders.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders from around the province to discuss provincial efforts to treat and care • for people with substance use disorders.
• Select the appropriate pharmacological and psychosocial treatment interventions based on the best evidence as well as individual patient needs, circumstances, and preferences.
• Provide safe and effective treatment to patients and their families throughout the induction, maintenance, and/or discontinuation process across the continuum of care for substance use disorders.
• Appreciate the complexity of substance use disorders, diversity of care, and providing access to evidence-based support services.
• Promote recovery, safety, wellness, and harm reduction to improve patient care and support for those with substance use disorders.
• Describe new evidence-based research findings and innovative implementation models from around the province.
|Contact No. :||604 675 3777
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee||:||USD $250.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||Mar 11, 2019|