Symposia Series for Mental Health Professionals (SSMHP) Galway 2019
Symposia Series for Mental Health Professionals (SSMHP) Galway 2019 is organized by Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education (BUSM CME) and will be held from Jun 03 - 07, 2019 at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, Galway, Connacht, Ireland.
This program is designed for intermediate psychologists, social workers, psychiatrists, nurses, allied mental health professionals, educators, and other medical professionals.
The Danielsen Institute at Boston University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Danielsen Institute at Boston University maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
15 units of continuing education
Boston University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Course Objectives :
At the end of this program, attendees will be able to:
• Describe the interaction between the immune system, genes, brain dynamics, and mental health
• Identify how genes can be expressed or suppressed
• Describe how the stress systems can be turned on and are difficult to turn off
• Discuss how the immune system is intricately connected to brain systems
• Explain how chronic and acute stress can dysregulate the immune system
• Discuss how autoimmune disorders contribute to depression, anxiety, and cognitive problems
• Explain how an overactive immune system contributes to depression and anxiety
• Describe psychotherapeutic interventions most effective for specific psychological conditions
• Describe brain-based and evidence-based approaches with the most practical outcomes
• Create a treatment plan most appropriate for the individual based on her/his ethnicity, socio-economic position, and LGBTQ identification
|Contact No. :||617.358.5005
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Regular Fee||02 Jun,2019||USD 699.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Bird Fee||01 Apr,2019||USD 599.00|