British Association for Psychopharmacology (BAP) Summer Meeting is organized by British Association for Psychopharmacology (BAP) and will be held during Jul 14 - 17, 2019 at Renold Building, Manchester, England, United Kingdom.
The BAP Summer Meeting provides the perfect forum for all those interested in psychopharmacology, BAP members and non-members, non-clinical and clinical scientists, to come together, socialise, debate, discuss and learn about the latest advances in all aspects of psychopharmacology.
BAP will have 9 carefully selected symposia:
• What happened to the promise of imaging biomarkers for major depressive disorder? New opportunities and challenges for drug development
• Human induced-pluripotent stem cell technology for modelling psychiatric disorders – promises, pitfalls and new directions
• Early adversities and trajectories to adult psychopathology
• Drugs and the adolescent brain: recent advances
• From neuro-receptor binding to brain function: translational value of multimodal approaches in psychopharmacology
• The complement system and inflammation as targets in neuropsychiatric disorders
• What do computational models tell us about cognition in depression and psychosis?
• The orexinergic system of the brain and its importance for neuropsychiatry
• Novel therapeutic uses of cannabinoids
○ Non-Clinical Session PsychophaRRRmacology - enhancing research outcomes by applying the 3Rs
• Date: 14th July 2019, 14:00 – 16:00
• Location: Renold D7
Description: The study of psychopharmacology has traditionally involved the use of animal models. The community has actively supported efforts to replace, reduce and refine (the 3Rs) this use of animals. In this session, we will explore how implementing new technologies can impact the 3Rs, including introducing more accurate and less invasive measurements of animal behaviour and harnessing new cell-based technologies for neuropsychiatric research.
○ Clinical Session Machine Learning in Psychiatry – opportunity and challenges in early prognostic modelling
Date: 14th July 2019, 14:00 – 16:00
Location: Renold C2
Description: PRONIA (Personalised Prognostic Indicators for Early Psychosis Management) and PSYSCAN (Translating Neuroimaging Findings from Research into Clinical Practice) are both large data multi-centre studies investigating predictive and prognostic models of Ultra High Risk and First Episode Psychosis using open machine learning and multiple data- clinical, neuroimaging, genomic and blood markers. Creating robust and clinically meaningful modelling is complex but offers the potential for significant advance in personalised medicine in psychiatry. Both studies aim to be able to offer tools to aid prognosis in early psychosis at the individual level and through to the real world clinical setting. This symposium will present early progress, exciting first results and challenges therein.
○ Public Lecture Hip Hop Psych: Lyrics, Drugs, Mind and Behaviours
Date: 15th July 2019, 19:30 – 20:30
Location: Renold C16
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+44 1223 358395
March 29, 2019
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-Members Conference Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 730.00|
|Non-Members Single Day Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 510.00|
|Non-Members Sunday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 230.00|
|Non-Members Wednesday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 210.00|
|BAP Full Members Conference Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 530.00|
|BAP Full Members Single Day Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 370.00|
|BAP Full Members Sunday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 170.00|
|BAP Full Members Wednesday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 150.00|
|BAP Early Career Members Conference Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 265.00|
|BAP Early Career Members Single Day Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 185.00|
|BAP Early Career Members Sunday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 85.00|
|BAP Early Career Members Wednesday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 65.00|
|BAP Retired Members Conference Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 265.00|
|BAP Retired Members Single Day Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 185.00|
|BAP Retired Members Sunday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 85.00|
|BAP Retired Members Wednesday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 65.00|
|BAP Training Members and Students Conference Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 85.00|
|BAP Training Members and Students Single Day Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 60.00|
|BAP Training Members and Students Sunday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 30.00|
|BAP Training Members and Students Wednesday Only Fee||15 Jun,2019||GBP 10.00|