Suicide & Self-Harm: Stopping the Pain is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Nov 21, 2019 at Renaissance Allentown Hotel, Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Social Workers
• School Administrators
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Other Mental Health Professionals
After examining the goals of suicide and the goals that the self-mutilator desires to achieve, you will delve into treatment strategies that will help guide your client to achieve those goals with other, less damaging strategies. You will learn which personality types are most vulnerable to acts of suicide and self-mutilation, as well as the essential link between these behaviors and addiction disorders. Most importantly, your attention will be focused on the treatment relationship and the key to hope for both the suicidal and the self-harm clients.
• Implement a risk assessment strategy that helps clinicians determine which clients present the highest risk for suicide and self-harm.
• Analyze the concept of suicide “contracts” and communicate their impacts on clients, clinicians, and clinical vigilance.
• Explain how intent differentiates self-mutilation from suicide attempts and accurately identify the one form of self-mutilation that is a warning sign for potential suicide completion.
• Implement techniques for effectively intervening in crisis situations and develop a strategy for determining when and how to hospitalize clients.
• Articulate the role of addictions in the suicidal and self-mutilating population and employ a multi-faceted therapeutic approach that ensures client safety and addresses treatment of the addiction.
• Determine the purpose behind self-injuring behavior and communicate how alternative coping strategies can be introduced in therapy to help clients manage triggering situations without self-harm.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Regular Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: per Person - Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|