Skin and Wound Management Course is organized by Wound Care Education Institute (WCEI) and will be held from Feb 11 - 15, 2019 at Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Airport, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is LPN/LVN, RN, NP, PA, MD, DO, DPM, RD, RDN, PTA, PT, OTA, OT. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 22.75 Contact Hours.
The Skin and Wound Management course offers an evidence-based approach to wound management and current standards of practice to keep clinicians legally defensible at the bedside.
Learning Objectives :
• Discuss how standards of care, evidence-based practice, and a multidisciplinary wound care team can affect clinical choices in wound management.
• Discuss the basic anatomy and physiology of the skin.
• Identify at least 5 parameters required for accurate wound assessment.
• Identify pressure ulcer stages according to NPUAP guidelines.
• Identify 5 factors which enhance or impede the wound healing process.
• Explain 4 types of basic principles of wound bed preparation.
• Identify 3 major components of a nutritional assessment for optimizing wound healing.
• Identify 4 different categories for topical wound management.
• Select treatment options based on wound assessment, aetiology, and goal of wound care.
• Differentiate arterial, neuropathic, and venous ulcers in terms of causative factors, pathophysiology, appearance, and principles of management.
• Describe 3 factors involved in the development of a pressure ulcer and interventions to prevent their occurrence.
• Describe at least 5 interventions that optimize acute surgical wound healing.
• Differentiate between wound etiologies and clinical manifestations of acute and traumatic wounds.
• Differentiate types of burns and principles of management.
• Select treatment options and differentiate wound etiologies and clinical manifestations of chronic, malignant, and inflammatory wounds.
• Discuss 3 adjunctive treatment modalities that enhance wound healing.
• Discuss current multidisciplinary care approaches to wound care.
• Discuss components required for accurate wound documentation.
|Contact No. :||1-877-462-9234
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $2797.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|