Seminar: An Introduction to a Family-Centred, Outcome-Focused and 3-Tiered School-Based Occupational Therapy Model of Integrated Service Delivery
Seminar: An Introduction to a Family-Centred, Outcome-Focused and 3-Tiered School-Based Occupational Therapy Model of Integrated Service Delivery is organized by National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE) and will be held on Nov 20, 2019 at London Road Community Hospital, Derby, England, United Kingdom.
In the last 30 years, cumulated practice-based and research-based evidence highlight that the collaboration between parents, therapists, school staff and other professionals is the primal importance in supporting children with special educational needs (SEN) through developing an integrated model of service delivery. This seminar aims at introducing a family-centred, outcome-focused and 3-tiered integrated school-based occupational therapy service to support children with SEN attending mainstream and special schools. The model emphasizes parent-professional collaboration in order to promote different levels of parental involvement. It is underpinned by a conceptual framework for family-centred care practice, interdisciplinary team work, collaborative goal setting processes with the use of outcome measures, and a 3-tiered model of integrated service delivery applying in different areas of child development and children with different diagnostic conditions.
The following topics will be covered in this half-day seminar:
• Historical review on model of service delivery
• Key components of a successful model of integrated service delivery
• The structure and components of a 3-tiered school-based OT model of service delivery
• Applying the model in different areas of child development
• Examples of application: sensory processing function and handwriting skills
• Applying the model to support children with different diagnostic conditions
• Examples of application: cerebral palsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
• Other factors and best practice guidance to be considered.
• Questions and Discussions - Conclusions
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||GBP £75.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news