Self-Regulation Interventions for Children & Adolescents: Reduce Frustration, Emotional Outbursts & Oppositional Behaviors is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Nov 21, 2019 at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, Bakersfield, California, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• School Guidance Counselors
• Case Managers
• School Administrators
• Educational Paraprofessionals
• Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Other Helping Professionals who Work with Children
This seminar will help you to better intervene with the challenging child – the one who won’t sit still; doesn’t follow directions; often throws tantrums; or has difficulty waiting for their turn. They react impulsively and have difficulty expressing what they need or what is frustrating them. We know this child is intelligent, caring and kind, but their behavior doesn’t reflect these positive qualities. These are the children who confuse and frustrate parents and who overwhelm teachers and peers. They struggle to meet basic expectations and are dysregulated and unable to succeed socially and academically.
Intervene with proven emotional, behavioral and processing strategies that lead to succeed at home, school and with peers!
• Recognize the signs of underlying processing deficits that lead to dysregulation
• Strategies to improve self-control, social success, emotional regulation and task completion
• Strategies to reduce frequency and duration of behavioral and emotional outbursts
• Problem-solving strategies to create positive structure and expectations, positive coping and self-regulation
• Brain training exercises that will increase self-regulation
• Communicate how sensory, language, and executive skills impairments create fight/flight/freeze and defensive responses that lead to dysregulation and related behavioral issues in children.
• Select the appropriate intervention strategies to improve student skills including self-control, social success, emotional regulation and task completion.
• Employ behavior modification techniques and problem-solving strategies to diffuse students' escalated and oppositional behavior.
• Implement environmental strategies to accommodate children’s processing deficits and emotional regulation needs.
• Utilize problem-solving strategies to develop appropriate behavioral expectations and coping mechanisms for improved self-regulation skills in students.
• Apply cognitive restructuring strategies to reduce frequency, severity and duration of children’s behavioral and emotional outbursts.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Regular Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: per Person - Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Coordinator Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 30.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|