Self-Regulation in Children: Keeping the Body, Mind and Emotions on Task in Children with Autism, ADHD or Sensory Disorders is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 02, 2019 at Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond, Hammond, Indiana, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 clock hours / 6.0 contact hours.
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Social Workers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
Children with Sensory Processing Disorders, ADHD or autism have much in common. They are challenged with physical problems that affect their ability to focus and can also cause them to be emotionally reactive. Children who have trouble self-regulating throughout the day are missing out on typical childhood experiences in school, on the playground and with their families. They have difficulty making and keeping friends.
This workshop looks at the underlying factors of poor self-regulation and how they affect the child. The course emphasizes practical interventions! You will walk away with effective strategies for creating simple but effective programs in clinical, school and home settings:
• Sensory therapy techniques
• Simple self-management and video modeling programs
• Sensory lifestyle programs
• First-person stories
• Energy regulation techniques
• Communication methods
• Transition strategies
• Behavioral strategies
• Differentiate between symptoms of sensory modulation disorders, ADHD and autism to determine appropriate self-regulation interventions.
• Modify clinical treatments for Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) to be utilized in school or home settings.
• Design a sensory lifestyle program using readily-found items to improve self-regulation skills in your young clients.
• Incorporate elements of first-person stories and transitional activities into your SPD intervention plan.
• Recommend cognitive strategies to address symptoms of ADHD, including hyperactivity and impulsivity.
• Implement role plays and video modeling interventions to target appropriate self-management skills.
• Utilize communication strategies that provide emotional control for children with ASD.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Regular Fee||01 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Rate: per person - Fee||01 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||12 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|