Rewire the Anxious Brain: Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 05, 2019 at Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton, Hamilton, New Jersey, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapist Assistants
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Join Dr. Heidi Schreiber-Pan, and learn her keys for successful anxiety treatment. Dr. Schreiber-Pan integrates brain-based strategies for calming the anxious mind with client communication techniques that motivate change in your clients. Heidi’s approach promotes adherence to treatment and strengthens the therapeutic alliance - which is essential when working with anxious, worried, traumatized, or obsessive clients. Dr. Schreiber-Pan will give you tools and techniques to:
Dr. van Ingen will give you proven tools and techniques to:
• Identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex
• Explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straight forward way
• Identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety, and empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions
• Ascertain the underlying neurological processes that impact anxious symptoms for clients.
• Develop client engagement in treatment using personalized goals and attending to the therapeutic relationship.
• Evaluate the differences between amygdala-based and cortex-based anxiety symptoms and identify how these symptoms inform treatment interventions.
• Communicate strategies for calming and training the amygdala in order to alleviate symptoms of anxiety.
• Implement methods for teaching clients to retrain the cortex so that anxiety is resisted rather than exacerbated.
• Analyze how psychotropic medication impacts neuroplasticity in the brain; identify related treatment implications.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||04 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group per Person - Conference Fee||04 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||15 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|