Rewire the Anxious Brain: Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 03, 2019 at Panic and Worry, Norris Conference Centers - San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Occupational Therapists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Join neuroscience and anxiety expert, Dr. Daniel van Ingen and learn his keys for successful anxiety treatment. Dr. van Ingen integrates brain-based strategies for calming the anxious mind with client communication techniques that motivate change in your clients. Daniel’s approach promotes adherence to treatment and strengthens the therapeutic alliance – which is essential when working with anxious, worried, traumatized, or obsessive clients.
Dr. van Ingen will give you proven tools and techniques to:
• Identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex
• Explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straight forward way
• Identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety, and empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions
• Ascertain the underlying neurological processes that impact anxious symptoms for clients.
• Develop client engagement in treatment using personalized goals and attending to the therapeutic relationship.
• Evaluate the differences between amygdala-based and cortex-based anxiety symptoms and identify how these symptoms inform treatment interventions.
• Communicate strategies for calming and training the amygdala in order to alleviate symptoms of anxiety.
• Implement methods for teaching clients to retrain the cortex so that anxiety is resisted rather than exacerbated.
• Analyze how psychotropic medication impacts neuroplasticity in the brain; identify related treatment implications.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||13 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Regular Fee||02 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Rate: per person - Fee||02 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|