Rapid Cardiac Echocardiography - 2 Day Course is organized by Australian Institute of Ultrasound (AIU) and will be held from Apr 23 - 24, 2019 at Australian Institute of Ultrasound, Gold coast, Queensland, Australia.
ACEM | This course accredited for 14 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies for BELS (including cardiac arrest), Ejection Fraction and Cardiac Output Assessment (RACE protocol) and Assessment in Undifferentiated Shock.
ACRRM | Approved for 30 PDP points; 30 points PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS Emergency Medicine Eligible for Rural Procedural Grants Funding – 2 days under all components (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery)
ANZCA | Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour
CICM | Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1; Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2; Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3
RACGP | Activity Number: 109549, 40 Category 1 points. Specific Requirement Eligibility – Diagnostic radiology
Conference Description :
This intensive two-day program provides practitioners at the beginning of the learning curve in cardiac imaging with anatomy, physiology, haemodynamics and knowledge of sonographic planes, terminology and probe manipulation skills.
There is an emphasis on the practical aspects of these topics with “hands-on” tuition, led by expert sonographers. Low student/tutor ratios (4:1) ensure comprehensive pratical tuition in a personalised fashion.
• Normal adult anatomy.
• Sonographic appearances and terminology.
• M-Mode acquisition & relationship to 2D/cardiac anatomy.
• Common pathologies.
• Case studies will also be discussed, using computer-assisted technologies to demonstrate measurement techniques in BMode and M-Mode.
Conference Objectives are:
• To provide a detailed description of the sonographic appearances of the heart.
• To provide an insight into the haemodynamics and physiology of the heart through IVC and TPSE measurement.
• To develop an appreciation of the clinical terminology used in echocardiography.
• To provide an overview of common pathologies identified by ultrasound examination.
• To provide participants with an opportunity for extensive tutor assisted hands-on echocardiographic experience and access to experienced sonographers for specific problems.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+61 7 552 66655
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||AUD $1700.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|