Radiation Safety for the Dental Auxiliary by University of Louisville (UL) School of Dentistry Office of Continuing Education (Sep 13, 2019)
Radiation Safety for the Dental Auxiliary is organized by University of Louisville (UL) School of Dentistry Office of Continuing Education and will be held on Sep 13, 2019 at University of Louisville School of Dentistry, Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Dentists. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6 CEUs.
The Kentucky Board of Dentistry amended the minimal educational requirements for dental auxiliary personnel prior to taking dental radiographs under a dentist’s direct supervision (201 KAR 8:57OE). All dental auxiliary personnel must satisfy the following two (2) requirements before taking x-rays in a dental office:
1. Didactic: Completion of a course in Radiation Safety: This can be verified by providing proof of completion of the Radiography Section of the Dental Assistants National Board Examination or attending an approved continuing education (CE) course (6 hours minimum) provided by a certified presenter.
2. Practical: A practicum course in x-ray technique (4 hours minimum).This is verified by a dentist’s written documentation of a student’s completion of four (4) hours of instruction in dental radiography technique in the practice or by attending a four hour (4) continuing education course in radiography technique approved by the Board before being allowed to expose radiographs. A copy of the Technique Training Form must be returned within a maximum of 60 days from the date of course completion to the Office of Continuing Education. Once received, a Certificate of Course Completion will be issued. Non-compliance will result in an automatic failure. Failure to pass course will result in one opportunity to re-take the entire course @ 50% reduction of current course fee within one year.
This Course satisfies the Didactic requirements of the Kentucky Board of Dentistry. After the course is presented, an examination will be given. Successful completion of the course requires a 75% pass in a multiple-choice question examination administered at the end of the course. Participants who successfully complete the examination MUST then fulfill requirement (2) above prior to exposing radiographs on patients under the direct supervision of a dentist.
The course contains both theoretical and practical clinical topics to include the following objectives:
At the conclusion of this Course, participants will have an understanding of:
• The basic principles and concepts of radiation.
• Exposure factors & how they affect the radiographic image.
• Image receptors & processing.
• X-ray interaction with matter and potential biological effects.
• Principles of intraoral techniques(BW/Periapical/Occlusal Imaging).
• Radiation safety for patient and operator.
• Criteria for diagnostic radiographs-technique & processing error recognition & correction.
• Radiographic film mounting, labeling & record keeping.
• Principles of quality assurance and implementation into clinical practice.
• Occupational considerations including: infection control principles & legal concerns
• Extraoral radiography
|Contact No. :||502-852-1235
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Hygienist / Auxiliary - OnLine Registration||12 Sep,2019||USD 290.00|