Principles in the Care of Transgender and Intersex Patients 2019
Principles in the Care of Transgender and Intersex Patients 2019 is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Sep 26 - 28, 2019 at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America.
This course is designed for physicians, advanced care providers, behavioral health professionals, and social workers in the areas of psychiatry, psychology, endocrinology, family medicine, internal medicine, plastic surgery, urology and pediatrics.
21.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Healthcare providers have for the last several years been seeing in their practices an influx of transgender and intersex people seeking sensitive and appropriate care. This pioneering course will offer cutting-edge perspectives and practical evidence-based principles for working with these patients before, during and after transition. Experts and clinicians from Mayo’s Transgender and Intersex Multidisciplinary Clinic will instruct attendees in medical, surgical, psychosocial, legal and ethical issues in transgender and intersex care. Participants will leave with the skills to provide progressive and informed care to this emergent patient population. Live webcast available.
• Describe how to safely and effectively utilize masculinizing and feminizing hormonal treatments for appropriate patients.
• Identify principles to consider in the determination of pubertal delaying therapies.
• Describe general approaches to common surgical interventions in gender affirming surgery.
• Articulate 3 key psychosocial treatment principles to guide a comprehensive approach to transgender and intersex patients.
• Identify the social discrimination, microaggressions and limitations to healthcare many transgender & intersex people experience, and describe strategies to limit these in your practice and community.
|Contact No. :||1-800-323-2688
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|General Session: MD, DO, Scientist Fee||25 Sep,2019||USD 825.00|
|Live Webcast: MD, DO, Scientist Fee||25 Sep,2019||USD 700.00|
|General Session: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree Fee||25 Sep,2019||USD 725.00|
|Live Webcast: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree Fee||25 Sep,2019||USD 600.00|