Prescribing Controlled Drugs: Critical Issues & Common Pitfalls of Misprescribing is organized by University of Florida (UF) College of Medicine and will be held from Oct 16 - 18, 2019 at UF Health Family Medicine - Springhill, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 21.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Nurses, Pharmacists, and any professionals who prescribe, or have access to, controlled substances to patients.
For those attending the Prescribing Controlled Drugs Course, typical problem behaviors have included the inappropriate dispensing of medications from physician’s offices, prescribing large amounts of narcotics at too frequent intervals, or prescribing to family members, friends, or person with known histories of substance abuse. Oftentimes, the records of the physicians’ prescribing practices are poorly documented or non-existent.
This three day course includes components examining:
• The participants' professional practices
• Experiential exercises emphasizing increased self-awareness
• Strategies to improve management of difficult patient problems
• Establishing appropriate physician boundaries
• Individualized learning through brief homework
• Development of new skills in substance abuse identification and prescribing practice using the technique of role play
• Specific case studies and discussions augment the experiential exercises
• Development of a plan for changing ideas, skills, attitudes and behaviors that have contributed to misprescribing
Upon the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
• Analyze state-of-the-art information on proper prescribing practices of controlled substances
• Identify risky prescribing practices of controlled substances
• Implement strategies to avoid risky behaviors
• Identify the drug-seeking patient
• Diagnose chemical dependency
• Identify appropriate treatment resources for the dependent patient
• Review information on State Physician Health Programs
|Contact No. :|| 352-265-5300
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||15 Oct,2019||USD 2700.00|
|Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN) Fee||15 Oct,2019||USD 2000.00|