Practical Endocrine Topics for Primary Care is organized by VCU Health Continuing Medical Education and will be held on Jun 08, 2019 at Robert Blackwell Smith Building, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America.
Dieticians, Endocrinology, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Nurse Practitioner, Nutrition, Ob/Gyn, Pharmacist, Physician Assistant
This one-day symposium will provide an update on common endocrinology and diabetes problems relevant to primary care teams in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and Obstetrics/Gynecology. The program is designed as an interprofessional activity for physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists and patient educators. The program includes updates on the care of patients with diabetes, obesity, lipid disorders, thyroid disease, hypertension, male hypogonadism, and menopause.
• Describe a full range of effective treatment options for the management of diabetes mellitus
• Identify appropriate use of insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring devices
• Promote effective collaboration among team members to improve patient outcomes in the management of diabetes, obesity, and other disorders
• Develop strategies to minimize or eliminate bias and stigma in the care of patients with obesity and diabetes
• Identify best practices for post-surgical followup after bariatric surgery
• Manage lipid disorders effectively with a full range of treatment options
• Evaluate patients with thyroid disorders using appropriate diagnostic strategies, and understand the value of personalized options for treatment
• Outline current gaps in the screening and recognition of patients with hypertension who may have underlying treatable endocrine disorders
• Promote effective interdisciplinary personalized care for patients with symptoms due to male hypogonadism and menopause
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 413-2872
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|