PBI Pharmacy Ethics and Professionalism (PE-22) is organized by Professional Boundaries, Inc. (PBI) and will be held from Aug 03 - 04, 2019 at Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport, Irvine, California, United States of America.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Pharmacists, PIC's, pharmacy managers, and pharmacy executives.
22 CPE hours
Although all clinicians are at risk for lapses in ethical or professional conduct, some issues are unique to pharmacists. This course was designed by a forensic pharmacist to present these unique topics against a background of other areas of common professional concern. In an intensive two-day curriculum, participants learn about topics such as the legal and regulatory framework in which they function, corresponding responsibility, and a pharmacist-specific professional identity that can predispose to problematic conduct. They then weave that information into a Personalized Protection Plan to elevate their accountability and prevent recidivism.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Misrepresentation, falsification, cheating
• Financial improprieties
• Breaking laws
• HIPAA or confidentiality violations
• Practicing on an expired license
• Define the concept of professionalism as it relates to pharmacists
• Identify unique risk factors that create legal, regulatory, and risk management issues for pharmacists
• Discuss the important statutes and regulations that govern the practice of pharmacy, how and why they were created, and what boards of pharmacy do to enforce them
• Identify how and why pharmacists enter the legal/regulatory system
• Define the concept of unprofessional conduct
• Identify and define violation potentials for ethical issues utilizing the Ethics Formula
• Create a personal Ethics Protection Plan to maintain professional ethics and safeguard against ethics violations
• Demonstrate the use of peer group discussions to solve ethical dilemmas
|Contact No. :||904-800-1237
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $1875.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|